PDA

View Full Version : Last of the Autumn Sunsets(pls move to structured)

WithEyesLookingUp
12-04-2016, 11:13 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-04-2016/983217_12-3-2016_copy.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Last of the Autumn Sunsets
Year Created: 2016
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Other
Dimension: 5.75 x 7.75
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This view is based on one of my very favorite places to hike. It was cloudy when I first started walking on the day I was inspired to paint this, but the sun slowly moved below the clouds and bathed the hillside in the most beautiful warm light. :)

I've been learning acrylics for almost two months now, and this is my first time using gessobord and Golden Fluid Acrylics. (Good quality materials really do make a difference!)

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any tips on improving my brushstrokes is appreciated! :)

SilverSwallow
12-04-2016, 11:58 PM
I like what you have done here. The colours are working well, and I can almost feel like I am there, so well done. :)
I think what can really help this piece is having a look at its value structure. Right now, that big mountain in the background is drawing my eye there,and its becoming the focal point.
It needs to be pushed back with some atmospheric perspective. The trees could also do with a stronger sense of light, by adding highlights, and shadows.
I just feel there is more potential here for mood and atmospheric depth.
I think its nearly there, its just really needing an artistic story told through your value choices. Only you can decide what that story is!. Best of luck with it.:wave:

WithEyesLookingUp
12-18-2016, 12:29 AM
SilverSwallow: Sorry I took so long to reply! Thank you for your feedback, it's helpful!