PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Scumble December 2016

CM Neidhofer
12-01-2016, 11:16 AM
Hi everyone! Welcome to the Scumble, our monthly chat thread where we share the happenings of our everyday lives! I hope you will all chime in and we look forward to hearing about them.

Here's a link to last month's Scumble: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1415483

robertsloan2
12-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Purr! Thanks for hosting, Christine!

Just to start off the holiday month, here's a nice photo of my new cat, Cissy! She looks like Ari's daughter! I couldn't believe the resemblance, this super fluffy little darling is my soprano sweetheart. Though she talks a lot more than Ari did, she's always singing or chirping! Very vocal, chatty Siamese Superfluff.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2016/70184-12-1-2016_Cissy_post.jpg
Cissy the beautiful super fluff!

She was born January 8th, 2011. So she's five years old now, a fully mature lady. Big fluffy dark paws and she likes to chew my beard. She washed my beard three times yesterday and once already this morning, it's one of her favorite things to do. She also summons me whenever she wakes up from her nap, to get more pets and attention.

water girl
12-01-2016, 02:49 PM
Robert, Cissy will make a wonderful subject for a painting. Look at that sweet face!

robertsloan2
12-03-2016, 11:36 AM
Yesterday I drew her from that photo, in pencil. It came out well, still need to get a photo of the art. Love my Cissy! She also climbed into my lap this morning several times meowing and demanding attention. She's very loving and lovable!

Shallbe
12-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Robert,

I'm sorry I didn't get in to comment on your 2nd helpful lesson in November, so I'm posting my thank you here.

I'll be copy/pasting those to a notebook where I can refer back to them as I continue the painting. I had already been trying different things on small bits of left-over paper... It's the only way I know to learn, having never had any lessons. The different plant leaves are definitely different colors... The bluebonnet leaves will be much easier.

Anyway, thanks so much!

shallbe

robertsloan2
12-04-2016, 05:14 PM
Oh purr! Glad I could help. That's from experience, it helps me a lot to do small studies of anything I'm interested in and do the serious painting later.

I just sketched Cissy from that photo a couple of days ago, now I'll be able to develop her in pastels a lot easier.

CM Neidhofer
12-04-2016, 09:19 PM
This was the pretty boy i and, for only about two months. His name was Gatsby. He turned into a night mare and I couldn't keep him. He kept biting me. Didn't want to give him up, but didn't have much choice.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Dec-2016/40633-Gatsby_3-11-16.jpg

robertsloan2
12-14-2016, 09:05 PM
Sorry to hear about Gatsby's bad habits. He was gorgeous, lovely fellow... and in the book, the title character actually was a well dressed, good looking jerk. Kind of ironic. I think I'm happy her previous people named my little lady Sissy - there are far worse things for a cat to grow up to be.

It's always sad when a cat turns out to be a bad roommate, but that can happen. He was gorgeous though. Wow that look.

Great photo of him.

Sissy's a little temperamental and demanding, likes being fussed over and is rather dainty, but she has the most amazing claw control. She likes to reach out and bat my face or anyone's hand or arm with her wide soft fluffy paw, and you'd swear she had no claws at all when she does. It's like being petted with a silk fluff, she's just wonderful. She high-fives my granddaughter.

I found out I spelled her name wrong, it really is Sissy. She's such a darling. Bit of a diva though! Every time I come in, she summons me. This morning we had a wonderful long lap session that she initiated, walked up onto me and purred and settled herself for over an hour.

robertsloan2
12-16-2016, 06:42 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Dec-2016/70184-12-16-2016_Sissy_in_Box_post.jpg
Sissy in the tinder box.

We keep a box with scrap paper and junk mail to start the fireplace going. There's a large bucket filling half of it. The other half is usually filled with tiny skinny Kyra Wigglepuss, but Sissy likes taking her turn. If I fits I sits. She's very comfortable there in her amazing fluffiness. The mini-Maine Coon looks happy in her box.

Again, anyone can feel free to paint my cat in any medium just like she was in the RIL. She's such a beauty. I'd love to see your version!

robertsloan2
12-19-2016, 09:00 PM
Well, more news with the animals. We have another dog coming in, half Australian Shepherd and half Border Collie. Good sized dog, looks like a collie type, has the border collie ears and white markings but the black part is sort of shaded black and gold, very lovely silky coat. Maggie is a sweet dog. She likes cats, unfortunately she also likes to herd cats. Gotten clawed in the nose twice about it but she's been really good and doesn't hurt the cats.

We just hope the Corgi will get along with her.

robertsloan2
12-20-2016, 05:12 PM
For all you dog lovers... here's Maggie! Australian Shepherd crossed with Border Collie, where a border collie would have black she has black-and-gold in pretty shaded combinations. She is an amazingly lovely dog, well behaved, sweet, swishes her plume tail constantly and likes cats. She has a very pretty face in profile too, plus has the Border Collie cute ears with the tips a little folded but still upright and wolfish.

She also has remarkably silky hair, more like cat hair than most dogs I've ever petted. I love her soft fur.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2016/70184-12-20-2016_Maggie_Photo_Post.jpg
Maggie the Fluffy New Dog

She's still sort of on probation to see if she can get along with Annie the Corgi and all the cats, but everyone loves her. Sissy likes her. She is good with cats and can be trusted around the cats, which is one of the things that endears her to me.

This could be a very good sketching dog. She poses sometimes like this. It's also what she does when she wants attention, sits and thumps tail and points nose up, ears flat, eyes adoring, very polite fluffy dog.

CM Neidhofer
12-27-2016, 05:11 PM
Well, my son from Denver was here for a visit. He made it in late Christmas night, so he was still here for Christmas! My lovely son bought me the new laptop that I had on layaway for myself, but had to cancel because I needed the money already paid on it for something else! It's a rrrrrrred HP laptop! Moved the old desk top and now I have a desk again!! Love that boy and he loves his momma! :heart:

robertsloan2
12-31-2016, 01:47 PM
Wow! That is so great he bought you the laptop you wanted! That is so cool. A major, wonderful present and it's Red! You should get a picture of it, that sounds so cool!

I got my new laptop and like it, was really lucky, paid only $100 but got a Dell that still had Windows 7, so I don't have to get used to Windows 10 the horrible thing that ruins half of what I do and would take relearning everything. This doesn't have a touch screen. I'm not using it like a mobile device. Amazed me the price I got it for.

My sweetie Sissy has been snuggly lately, even little Kyra got friendly. Kyra got Spayed a few days ago, so now her tummy has a little white velvet patch and a healing incision that has not slowed her down at all. She stopped getting vague sex-kitten behaviors and has reverted to pure bewildered play-kitten.

Who counts as my cat won't matter much until they build my studio-cottage this spring. Sissy will be moving into my house. My porch will become a gathering place for barn cats too, but really, I love on all six of the cats here and they all love on me. They know me for a cat sucker. Sissy is starting to particularly bond with me though, while Kyra unknown to me was seriously moving in with my daughter Kitten. She hung out on top of Kitten's wardrobe, sleeps on her bed, sleeps on her head and chews her hair, slithers between her and Karl when they're intimate because petting means it's time to pet the cat, right? I still love her, she's family, but Sissy will be moving in with me when I have my own place and have supremacy in her little territory.

robertsloan2
12-31-2016, 07:12 PM
Just to finish out the year... another pretty cat photo...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Dec-2016/70184-12-31-2016_Sissy_Sink.jpg
Sissy was in the sink a couple of days ago and I got this sweet photo as part of a series. She's so adorable. I meant to sketch her in there, but she got up and moved of course.

CM Neidhofer
12-31-2016, 08:16 PM
Wow! That is so great he bought you the laptop you wanted! That is so cool. A major, wonderful present and it's Red! You should get a picture of it, that sounds so cool!

Here we go...one new rrrrreddd HP laptop!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Dec-2016/40633-HP_Red_laptop_2016.jpg

CM Neidhofer
12-31-2016, 08:43 PM
Here's a link to the January 2017 Monthly Scumble.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20995707#post20995707