PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everybody

JayD
11-17-2016, 12:18 AM
I have been gone from Wetcanvas for some time now--my wife has sever allergies (we are moving to the moon because of lack atmosphere after we have it dusted) so I have had to tone down my use of traditional media.

Jack--which is the old man--is a portrait of a friend of mine.
Another--is based on the Japanese Anime of the same name about a young girl who can see the dead through a doll's eye.
Pig--well--I just like pigs.

I use primarily Medibang to do my paintings. I do not use 3d modeling or photomanipulation--mostly because I do not know how! Thought I would post some to show you. You guys look great!--jay

LavenderFrost
11-17-2016, 10:23 AM
This is the first time I've heard of Medibang. I'll have to check it out later. You do very good work with it!

Do you paint under a pseudonym?

Good thing for digital, because shipping art supplies to the moon would be expensive.

Elainepsq
11-17-2016, 06:49 PM
Very impressive work!
I hope you enjoy painting digitally. I've lived with someone with severe allergies for years, a lot of cosmetics and health and beauty supplies had to go!
I'm told by a friend who has developed severe headaches the smell of oil paint and linseed oil, that she can't even smell the oil paint since she started painting with Art Rage LOL Sorry couldn't resist- but I do live with someone with severe allergies, I know it's no laughing matter!

b'anna
11-17-2016, 07:09 PM
These are great! That was one of the reasons I went digital also.
Barb

JayD
11-17-2016, 11:04 PM
Medibang is not unlike Manga Studio or Clip except that it is totally free--it has a free cloud service too so you can move your work from platfrom to platform or you can form teams with your art friends and work on projects together---it was developed for use with Manga (japanese comic art) but as you can see it does a LOT of stuff---I still use Artrage, Krita, Sketchbook Pro 7, Fire Alpaca, Gimp and of course, Photoshop but I am really attached to Medibang.

My world revolves around my wife's allergies but then again my world revolves around her so I don't mind. Digital is a great space saver for me too---a big plus of course and you can stick me anywhere with a computer or a table and I am very happy.

I paint under the name Cat Mandolin (I have no idea why--i like cats and mandolins I guess) That is why you see the name cat on the signatures.

laika
11-17-2016, 11:10 PM
Wow! I'm not familiar with Medibang, but you're making great use of it. These are beautiful!

jow104
11-19-2016, 06:12 AM
Pleased to look at your super paintings and more in the future. Digital is the way to go and suits most household situations.

John Blackford
11-20-2016, 11:49 AM
welcome back