PDA

View Full Version : Windows and Walls

Naris
10-26-2003, 04:36 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-26-2003/11684_windows_and_walls.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Windows and Walls
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18 X 24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Hello all! Sorry to have been away but happy to be back. Here's one I'm working on based on some pretty buildings in Oslo and interesting reflections in the windows. I still have to add the reflection to the window on the lower left and then lots of glazes to enrich the colours.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I am feeling compelled to add something to the middle... in the gray stone area that separates the 2 buildings. Something like a sign, vine, ladder with painter or....?
There really is no center of interest, I planned it that way, just a play with colour and pattern. But now I'm not sure. What do you think?

jerryW
10-26-2003, 05:20 PM
teh road bends or takes a corner here -
interesting walls and windows.
reflections are icing on the cake.

no add let it be natural it has enough

Paintonbrush
10-27-2003, 02:58 PM
Interesting composition.
do not add, the windows are interesting enough

mcknight
10-27-2003, 04:30 PM
I saw a series of paintings like this last week. The soft colours look unnatural but they do evoke upbeat & carefree feelings.

Rieko
10-27-2003, 04:42 PM
Candy-like colored buildings intrigue me as much as the reflections in the windows. Nothing is necessary, I think. The angle and the dormer of the right red building are interesting enough to capture the attention.

Naris
10-27-2003, 08:00 PM
Thank you all! I will do my best not to add more to the composition but I hear the chortling of pigeons (just a couple) or maybe of of those great Euro convex traffic mirrors, then I could paint in even more cool reflections! Whoa Nellie. Restraint is not my strong suit. :evil:

Catherine
10-27-2003, 10:03 PM
Its the colour that draws me in here. At first I thought no to adding anything until you said the part about the mirror. That could be quite fun. If you do that please post it again. I'd love to see the result.

cg

artbybradgreek
10-28-2003, 08:26 AM
Very nicee narista :)

Well I'm looking and liking, A couple things I've noticed, the windows in the dormers have no sill..look as if they run to the edge of the roof. the area between the 2 roofs is hard to figure out structurally. and there appears to be a pole shadow running vertical up the left building near the center of the painting ..which got me to thinking that maybe more shadows from the left side (like maybe a flag on a pole mounted to the side of the building) out of view , but the shadow casted down in towards the central area of the painting. Or something to that effect..more shadows ..no subjects. Brad

My Website (http://www.artbybradgreek.com)