PDA

View Full Version : Grainery

ruth brady
07-08-2001, 10:27 AM
This is my second upload. Trying to get the size right. I appreciate your comments as I am a beginning artist. Constructive criticism is welcome.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jul-2001/grainery.GIF

Javier
07-08-2001, 11:54 AM
Ruth, the "Grainery" is indeed a very nice piece of work. But please tell us more, for example: What medium, size of the original, if watercolor -- what paper, and was this painted from a photograph, fantasy, or plein air?

The only comment I would make is the 1/3rd rule -- the main building is sitting in the middle of the vertical. But if you like it that way -- what the heck it is your painting. :)

It would be nice if the image was a little larger; however, the maximum width is about 450 pixels, and file size can not exceed 100k. BTW, if you do want to show us a larger size you can reply to this thread and attach the file.

The Best,

Rosebud
07-08-2001, 04:02 PM
Ruth,
Glad you got something posted. It took me a while too !

It's looks good. Hard to see well because of the small size. If you're not into pixels, try to size it around 3X5 inches, or NO larger than 4x6 inches.

I agree with Javier...your barn would have looked good a little to the right...with the road curving to it. Your textures and shadows
look good.

Post it a little bigger if you can.

All these remarks are IMHO...I've only been painting for a few years myself. Always willing to help if I can.

Rose

taghera
07-08-2001, 04:14 PM
Yes i agree about the position of the barn, but you have some nice colours and contrasts going on there, it looks well. :)

Rod
07-09-2001, 02:29 AM
A larger image would be helpful.
A very nice scene,

If you intended for the entrance to the barn to be the focal point then it is positioned ok.

But the road being straight leads the viewer in too fast.

One glance and you are looking at the entrance. If the road was twisty and some odd small shrubs placed at the side or the odd rock and stones it would have caught the eye and slower the viewers arrival at the focus point.

If you can please post a larger image,
Rod.

literal
07-09-2001, 04:24 AM
Ruth, a nice painting. Is the barn near your place?

Mark