GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Ranger
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16X20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is the second effort with oils. I stopped at this point mostly because I’m stuck. Suggestions? I would like to define the facial features more before moving on.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I am lost on just how to continue. Someone once told me to be happy with ninety percent this looks more like sixty to me.

mcknight
10-26-2003, 01:12 PM
I find the outward white strokes are distracting but I don't know what you're trying to do with them. The forms looks good. I think what you need next is to really study the colours and relationships between colours in your reference. Look for warms and cools, and see what happens when you bring them out more in the painting.

Lbones
10-26-2003, 04:17 PM
Thank you. I will work on it. The background was nothing more than a off the wall idea.

lbones

jerryW
10-26-2003, 06:34 PM
sign & date & focus on the next painting, or maybe focus on getting the edges connected first, after all they are the first 4 lines of every work, and they want to be sigificant in the composition.
This will be good for you to look back on in a few months.

From now on consider that the whole painting wants to be unitilized well and wants to work as a unit to please the eye.

here the "Ranger" is the focus, next time let the whole painting be the focus, and if a ranger is in it good, if not, at least let the whole thing work as a unit.

really in paintings background and foreground are part of the same flatness and should be worked up together.

pampe
10-26-2003, 11:22 PM
we all need to listen to what he^ said

Lbones
10-27-2003, 09:36 AM
That’s what I need. Thank you for your time and comments. I am working on this and will take what has been offered and improve.

lbones