GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: city
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 12x18
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I have never tried anything like this before so decided to give it a go, not to sure about it certainly not one of my better paintings

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
any feedback good or bad , more than welcome thank you

shan
10-16-2016, 12:21 PM
oops sorry just realised posted this too soon but cant find where to delete

KolinskyRed
10-16-2016, 04:31 PM
oops sorry just realised posted this too soon but cant find where to deleteah, you are committed:) still some editing at your end? We each learn through our experiences to "see"/"read" paintings differently ~ so for me the only thing that jumps out at me at first glance is that I think in this lighting you've created the tower's edge are too crisp? As such it's as if the tower were jumping out at me? Softer tower edges then? Cheers!

shan
10-16-2016, 06:36 PM
Thank you , yes you are so right about the tower.
The tower looks to me now as if its some alien thing just landed there hehe the more I look at this work the more I hate it lol oh but was fun giving it a try :thumbsup:

KolinskyRed
10-16-2016, 06:46 PM
Thank you , yes you are so right about the tower.
The tower looks to me now as if its some alien thing just landed there hehe the more I look at this work the more I hate it lol oh but was fun giving it a try :thumbsup:It's a great "just after sunset" city night scene, though.

shan
10-16-2016, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the title I have never given any of my paintings a description and when asked for a title I'm quite lost ! so as you see the first thing that jumps to mind eh :lol: well I have given it to my daughter in law she said she liked it so its gone yeaa :clap: :lol:

Big Al 444
10-17-2016, 10:44 AM
If you're going for anything realistic, those sparkles on the lights would all be the same (or very close) angles, number of spikes, etc. There are also a couple of perspective mis-matches. The structures along the water don't seem to match the perspective of the larger buildings.

shan
10-17-2016, 12:13 PM
If you're going for anything realistic, those sparkles on the lights would all be the same (or very close) angles, number of spikes, etc. There are also a couple of perspective mis-matches. The structures along the water don't seem to match the perspective of the larger buildings.

Thank you, that's a good point about the sparkles that I had overlooked I will look out for that in the future ,I think when I got to the structures along the water I was fed up with it hehe didn't think anyone would notice ;)

t1barkode
10-17-2016, 03:58 PM
Beautiful painting all in all. I would agree that there are some perspective issues that cause the buildings to look a bit flat and almost as if they are a model replica of a city someone built on a table in there basement. It only appears this way to me after closely studying it though, it looks very nice on first look. Also, maybe the warm colors in the sky are a bit too much and don't blend into the rest of the painting enough? I am new to painting so I'm not too technical, just go with what I see. I do like the painting though and would definitely hang it up in my studio :)

shan
10-17-2016, 04:33 PM
Beautiful painting all in all. I would agree that there are some perspective issues that cause the buildings to look a bit flat and almost as if they are a model replica of a city someone built on a table in there basement. It only appears this way to me after closely studying it though, it looks very nice on first look. Also, maybe the warm colors in the sky are a bit too much and don't blend into the rest of the painting enough? I am new to painting so I'm not too technical, just go with what I see. I do like the painting though and would definitely hang it up in my studio :)

Aaaww that's nice thank you :thumbsup: I am so glad I have given it away as the more I look the more I notice :lol:
I agree with what you say sometimes when working on a painting "I can't see the wood for the trees" so to speak
Its lovely having all this feedback something I've never had before :wink2:
thank you all

Muad-dib
10-17-2016, 04:40 PM
I think the warm colors are a nice touch, consider tying them into the cooler colors above next time perhaps. The clouds SOMETIMES reflect the sunset color, but that is totally optional as this is not always the case but I feel it ties a painting together quite well in my experience.

shan
10-17-2016, 05:53 PM
I think the warm colors are a nice touch, consider tying them into the cooler colors above next time perhaps. The clouds SOMETIMES reflect the sunset color, but that is totally optional as this is not always the case but I feel it ties a painting together quite well in my experience.

Thank you I will try to do this next time I paint a similar sky :thumbsup:

Muad-dib
10-17-2016, 06:36 PM
No problem, great painting by the way. I dig it. ;)