PDA

View Full Version : A local stream at Cockington

jow104
10-13-2016, 05:16 AM
Back to our local rural countgryside.

First stage using Painter 2017 and playing with the new brushes.

Lucy-Foote
10-13-2016, 03:32 PM
Good start. How do you take a picture of your work as you go along, and able to post it?

Lucy

jow104
10-14-2016, 03:55 AM
Good start. How do you take a picture of your work as you go along, and able to post it?

Lucy

Are you PC or Mac?

If PC when in your painting program you should hit the Print Screen key next to F12. That copies what is on your monitor> you then should use a Photo program and have a new clean page then press the Edit next to File and you should get the option there to Paste and produce the copy of the painting you want to work with (save the picture) and post at this site like you normally do.

Mac users might advise you their way.

Lucy-Foote
10-14-2016, 10:25 AM
Thanks jow, I have a pc..going to try it. and see if I can do it.

Lucy

jow104
10-14-2016, 10:42 AM
You might need to hold either the Alt. or ctrl at the same time when pressing the Prnt screen key.

arl
10-15-2016, 04:12 AM
Good start and composition.

jow104
10-15-2016, 05:28 AM
Thanks jow, I have a pc..going to try it. and see if I can do it.

Lucy

Have you succeeded? What photo program are you going to use when you are ready to use the Paste command?

Do you use Skype, if you want to chat through the process?

fattab
10-20-2016, 05:03 PM
Hi jow and Lucy. I don't mean to horn in, and I'm not a promoter of any companies out there, but I use this program in the link all the time to take a snap of whatever I want off the screen. you may find it helpful, or may not, but I thought I'd share it since the subject of making a copy came up.
http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html ... The snaps are very lightweight too, so they don't take long to load.
A very good start for your scene. It's good to see how others go about their work, it helps me... :)
For a final copy of your painting, for posting, it would probably still pay to export it out of your paint program, to keep the colors correct. You could compare and see what you think? :)
PS. it's selective, you just move your cursor around the area you want to take a snap of.

jow104
10-21-2016, 02:36 AM
Thanks Fattab for link, btw I had to switch this thread to a new posting owing to computer problems my end.