PDA

View Full Version : Your experience making comic/manga art in the Pro Create IPad app?

GregoryMartz
09-24-2016, 01:24 PM
Hello,

I'm currently learning different things as foundational to lead up to my ultimate concentration: use my IPad to do coloring of my Comic-style art.

I'm currently studying from Pen & Ink book since comic drawings are typically inked.

The way I believe I will make my primary work flow is:
-pencil the drawings
-scan the work in
-import to IPad Procreate app
-digitally ink over pencils
-color in (to include any type of shading method)

^I haven't done this yet, but I'm a beginner working up to this work flow for most of the drawings I plan to do. After my Pen&pink instruction that enhances my Ink skills (I won't pay attention to life drawing much, I'm paying attention to the inking skills I may use), I will work on cartooning then eventually work to my goal of drawing Manga (Japanese style comics).

I use the Pro Create app and I've heard one can create their own brushes perhaps to create an artificial hatching/other ink shading techniques? I heard gradients are possible too and there are people who have created custom brushes for this.

Anyone with experience using Procreate for your Comic/Manga art? Any insight would be great. Thanks!

Raybrite
11-05-2016, 04:53 AM
I was wondering if you had thought of using Manga Studio which is now called Clip Studio Pro? I use that with a tablet on my PC and on my laptop.
There is a forum for Clip Studio Pro or Clip Studio Paint that has all kinds of information on it. There are also bunches of tutorials (most of them are by Japanese artists) online.
Hope this helps and is not too late.
Ken

b'anna
12-21-2016, 09:24 PM
I've used Procreate for quite a while. It is one of the best ipad applications out there. You can do amazing things with it. Take a peek at artists showcase, i just posted a painting I just did in procreate.Another ipad app is Paintstorm Studio , but you need the ipencil and ipad pro for that. If you have specific questions I'd be happy to try and help but the User manual is one of the best ones out there. You can get it from apple ibooks as a free download. Also the newest version of procreate is fabulous.
Let me know if I can help
Barb