PDA

View Full Version : b+w "shaman" piece

baquitania
07-07-2001, 04:32 PM
Hey all, I found this in one my many boxes, and thought you guys would get a kick out of it. This to me was before the advent of color... I use to do everything in black & white, thinking it would be for comics, I have ofcourse evolved since then...but forgot how much fun it is to just use ink...

sherville
07-09-2001, 08:58 AM
I like the Black and White - I hope you haven't abonded it forever? :)
Did this creation come from your imagination?

Leaflin
07-20-2001, 10:40 AM
Glad you found this and shared it with us baquitania.
Very impressive :)

Gavinart
07-20-2001, 12:14 PM
This work reminds me of the days sitting in a Brooklyn Technical High School classroom, reading and tracing a Conan comic. I love the way this illustration brings me back to TSR and the days of Dungeons and Dragons.

baquitania
07-23-2001, 02:09 AM
Thank you all for your thoughts, Sherville no I haven't abandoned it, infact finding this piece has made me want to do more... again that is... lealin you are alwats welcome... and gavinart... hey man, you mean TSR & D&D are over? You should tell the 3 friends I have been playing in brooklyn with for 10yrs now. But I know what you mean... Conan is so misunderstood in our culture, the movies did not help i am afraid, even though i am a Conan purist I liked them. I hope with films like final fantasy somebody will have the b----s to produce Red Nails... but ofcourse that is a personal dream...

We may have that NYC gathering next month, you should come man and hang out, we'll draw armor at the Met... thanks again everyone...

cuttlefish
07-23-2001, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by baquitania
--- and gavinart... hey man, you mean TSR & D&D are over? You should tell the 3 friends I have been playing in brooklyn with for 10yrs now.---

TSR no longer exists as it was, and that's a good thing if you've kept up with the history of the company. Now it's a division of a successful subsidiary of Hasbro. I think the pokemon had something to do with it somewhere. Pulling this back into the subject area, this means that now you send your portfolio to the art director in Seattle instead of Lake Geneva if you want to illustrate a D&D book. D&D lives, and will continue for a long time.

Gavinart
07-23-2001, 03:42 PM
Never thought TSR or d&d was over. Just stated that this artwork harkens me to the days when I was into d&d (early eighties). Sorry if you misinterpreted my reply as a death notice. I still have all the books, wonder what I'll get on e-bay.