PDA

View Full Version : Making the Mundane Magnificent

Donna T
08-26-2016, 03:10 PM
I found a very informative blog post (http://www.howtopastel.com/2016/08/nancy-nowak-mundane-to-magnificent/) that is just too good not to share. It's in Gail Sibley's "How to Pastel" blog and the post is by pastelist Nancy Nowak. Check out the demos and the various kinds of underpaintings she uses. I especially like seeing thumbnails and shots of the paintings on her easel during her plein air sessions. Gail's blog is a good one; well worth your time to explore.

Kosmon
08-26-2016, 03:24 PM
Thanks Donna, that was well worth the look.

Gail's right that Nowak makes quite a lot out of a seemingly uninspiring setting.

Kos

Nick7
08-29-2016, 04:06 AM
Thank you, Donna! Very interesting article indeed.

sjb
08-30-2016, 12:05 AM
Very inspiring. I liked the candid shots of the underpaintings. That's something that I need help with.

Donna T
09-01-2016, 08:56 AM
Kos, Nick and sjb - I'm glad you guys found this article as helpful and inspiring as I did. I think there's a lot of truth in this statement from Nancy: "I have tried to paint the big picturesque scenic views, but I realized something quite interesting. It is much more difficult to take something magnificent and paint it even more magnificently."

Still-trying
09-02-2016, 04:49 PM
Donna, thank you. I really enjoyed the page and the paintings. How nice that you shared with us..