PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes your day just keeps getting worse.

Winterhold
08-22-2016, 01:46 PM
http://65.media.tumblr.com/73298f3067641e24497f132ccb9e1c8a/tumblr_o9e9p5xsYO1vtd2vgo1_1280.png

Done in Photoshop. Can't quite remember how long it took, though. I might edit it, as the character is supposed to be a bloke, but people kept seeing a girl in him, so that needs to be fixed. There's a few other things I'm not overly thrilled about; the knife looks a little too fake I think and the rocks that the character that climbs out of the water clings to need to look a bit more like rocks.

But all in all I think we can all agree that the lad in the drawing isn't having the best of days.

L Skylar Brown
08-22-2016, 01:57 PM
Actually, it doesn't need anything.(IMHO) Let the viewer do a little work.
Every artist I know has a hard time letting go of an image.
I had a portrait teacher in college who always said it often takes 2 to paint a picture...1 to Paint, the other to tell the first when to stop...

Winterhold
08-22-2016, 01:59 PM
You have a point there! Though the rock really is an attack on my senses ever since I started noticing how vague it looks :')

LavenderFrost
08-23-2016, 10:48 AM
Unfortunately, I agree with everything you said Winterhold. lol The rocks could be sharper and more rock-like. The knife is maybe too white? It's not bad though. And I did think that was a woman at first.

Overall, a very strong and dramatic piece.