PDA

View Full Version : playing with painter 2017 and the new stuff

b'anna
08-22-2016, 10:58 AM
I'm taking a class over in Digital Art Academy on what is new in Painter 2017 led by skip allen. (Fantastic by the way and still open). Sorry, I'm just excited!

Anyway one of the new things in painter 2017 is Stencil dabs along with a very extended gradient function with something new called paint effects.
After modifying some of the paint effects and playing with gradients and and dabs and blend modes,a landscape started to emerge. I'm just playing but this is the result. Fantastic new stuff in Painter this time.
Thanks for looking!

Barb

Yorky
08-22-2016, 01:01 PM
Very effective.

I found the custom brush in SketchClub for the iPad created a similar effect.

Doug

L Skylar Brown
08-22-2016, 01:25 PM
Hi, B'Anna. Such a Long time, that I had to ReJoin.
This is a lovely, stylish piece.
I also have Painter, but usually use ArtRage4. Where is the DAA located?

b'anna
08-22-2016, 04:30 PM
Thanks Doug!

Skylar, good to have you back!!
DAA http://digitalartacademy.com. I've taken some of there classes but I have to admit Skip Allen is one of the reasons. A great Instructor especially for this type of thing. He does this class every time there is a new version and it is invaluable!

LavenderFrost
08-23-2016, 10:39 AM
Nice! I was looking at the new Painter, still on Painter 12. If only $269 would fall into my lap.

Willowshades
08-23-2016, 03:04 PM
Very nice work. Love the peaceful scene. I keep getting upgrade offers for $99. I haven't decided yet.

b'anna
08-27-2016, 09:06 AM
THanks Michelle, Willow
Willow , This is the best version ever. Even if only for the stencil dabs. What that basically does is let you have both paper texture in play as well and stencil texture , which could be textures, flow maps or paper. So it gives you two textures in one. Great upgrade. Download the trial if your not sure and play.

arl
08-28-2016, 09:55 AM
Wonderful composition and textures.