PDA

View Full Version : water

diceman56
07-07-2001, 03:25 PM
:confused: Hi everyone,
I love watercolour, but as I've only been painting for a very short while, can anyone tell me the best way to paint water to look like water, and the reflections, so that it all looks convincing!!
Thanks a million, look forward to talking to you all

Roan
07-07-2001, 05:30 PM
Diceman,

You'll probably want to post this in the watercolor forum rather than here. This Forum is for Studio Tips -- easels, storage, things like that.

:)

paintfool
07-10-2001, 08:20 PM
Hi there waterbaby friends ;). I have been out of town for a few days so by the time i moved this thread from studio tips to here 'yall were on page two already. Such a busy place!! :D So in fairness to Diceman i decided to bring it to the top. Thanks.
Cheryl

diceman56
07-11-2001, 04:49 AM
Hi there Paintfool,

I want to share a painting with all of you for critisism/comment, (Don't know if I dare!!!)....but I don't know how to attach the picture for viewing, as it has too many pixels. Do you know how I can change the picture so that it will be accepted for the forum?
Thanks a million......diceman56

MALARKEY
07-11-2001, 05:09 AM
Welcome diceman, In your photo software you should have an option to change the dpi to 72 make the file a .jpg and size it to about 4x6 inches. That is the simple answer , hope it helps. Sandy

diceman56
07-11-2001, 05:15 AM
Hi Malarkey,

Thanks so very much for you kind reply. I will have a look at the software settings and see if i can do it, or whether it makes my brain 'hurt'. Thanks....diceman56

Rosebud
07-11-2001, 06:37 AM
Welcome Diceman !

Is your brain hurting ?:D

Anxious to see some of your work. Nice people at Watercolor forum with lots of helpful advice.

Rose

diceman56
07-11-2001, 04:06 PM
Hi Rose,

My brain is well and truly hurting, as I've been trying to work out how to resize my photo. Never mind, It's only taken me, with a little help from my friend almost 2 hours. I'm obviously as good with computers as I am an artist.
Don't be too cruel when you laugh at my picture. Take care..........Diceman

diceman56
07-12-2001, 04:07 AM
Hi again,

I've tried so many times, so here goes again. Hope my picture loads. This is my first attempt at watercolour.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jul-2001/Clear_cottage.JPG

Rosebud
07-12-2001, 07:29 AM
Diceman

GREAT for a first try !!:clap:
(You should have seen my first one !:( )

I like your composition. Nice sky.

My only (helpful) comments are: maybe your darks are a little too dark...and maybe a little more variety in colors (like green of tree and ground..throw a little splash of other colors in there to break it up).

Overall a TREMENDOUS maiden voyage !

Happy painting..looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Rose

NorahT
07-12-2001, 01:02 PM
Well done diceman - both with the loading and the painting :) Welcome and enjoy.

Leaflin
07-12-2001, 05:12 PM
Very nice first watercolour.
Your sky is most impressive.

In answer to your question.
The thread below offers some suggestions for books to look at. This may be of help to you.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14295