PDA

View Full Version : Pencil Drawing Of Seo Yuna

VladyksArt
08-18-2016, 06:41 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/08-18-2016/1988168_IMG_20160817_183525329_HDR.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Pencil Drawing Of Seo Yuna
Year Created:
Medium: Pencil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: Simple DIN A4 paper
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is a drawing in which I have put many hours of work (10+ for sure). It is drawn only with pencils (B, HB, HB 2) on DIN A4. 
The person is Seo Yuna (AOA Cream) if you want to see the original photo. I want to draw more drawings like this, realistic photos. I know that I have to work on shading and the hair, but this is still the best one I've drawn so far.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
How is the shading?
Does it look realistic?
On what should I put more focus?

La_
08-18-2016, 10:54 PM
doesn't look 'photo' realistic, but if you're able to post your reference image we can help you get it closer.

without the ref i can say she seems to be missing her left cheekbone and i question why, what seems to be a shadow along that left side of her face, is so dark and solid?

la

SilverSwallow
08-19-2016, 12:06 AM
Nice try on taking on faces. They are a pretty difficult subject matter, as we as humans see them everyday. Due to that fact, when something even very tiny is not right, we feel it straight away.
I think there are a few technical issues here that you can work on.

Firstly is perspective, there are some minor issues with the eyes.
This is also leading to a bigger problem, with anatomy. The distance from nose to mouth looks too big and the cheek area is off too. I think the dark area is supposed to be makeup, but its coming off as having depth, as you haven't really put highlights around the cheekbones above it.

Finally, I suspect the photo you were referencing from was high key, but right now, your values are bleeding into one another.
You need to bump up your contrast with a darker pencil, and bring out the highlights.
The focal point should be the eyes, so work on them and add some catch-lights even if they are not in the original,a tiny bit of light here can make a difference.

I hope this helps you, don't get discouraged and keep at it for as long as it takes.

AudreyCatherine
08-21-2016, 01:07 AM
This is really intriguing-I like the feel of it, and the perspective with the ice cream cone. The knuckles on hand are a bit cartoony. Nice eyes, the 'dip' lines between lips and nose are too vertical and equal in length-perspective is off a bit...Hope to see more of your work. It has a neat vibrancy to it.Thanks!