PDA

View Full Version : Pop's Memories

cindyjames
08-17-2016, 01:14 PM
My most recent work. This was commissioned by a friend as a birthday gift for her father. I worked from an old faded photograph.

cindyjames
08-17-2016, 01:15 PM
The painting is acrylic on canvas.

Terriri
08-17-2016, 01:33 PM
Wow, that is amazing ! Can we see the photo? I like to see what people started with.

Tom Brown
08-17-2016, 01:49 PM
Is it me or does the tabletop come up higher on the canvas on the right side than it does on the left?

LibbyG
08-17-2016, 11:09 PM
I love the way we can see the subtle cracks in the leather along the edge of the sole. Assuming these are all supposed to be old, I think the spurs could go a bit darker, closer to the color of the hatband. It seem to me that they pull the attention a bit too much anyway. I like the way you can see the sweat stains on the hat, too.
I think your friend's father will be very touched.

travellight27
08-19-2016, 01:20 AM
Perhaps it is a matter of taste, but I think the busy background could be more simple. There should be some shadow on the table from the boots. I see shadows on the boot and hat itself, but not from the boot to the table.

AudreyCatherine
08-21-2016, 01:13 AM
Yes, work on shadows on table and in crown of hat. Looks very concave to me. I personally think the background speaks to a western theme. Works for me. But, if you know the decor it is going to be hanging in=? Great for you to get a commission and make people happy!