GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Free beer
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 11x14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Nahhhh, that's not really the title, it doesn't have one, just figured that'd get you to open it.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Other than the fact that the door should probably be open. All C&C welcome.

Moving On
08-13-2016, 03:43 PM
Funny. I love the ivy shadows. I noticed one minor detail. Did you want the door to have a handle?

Tom Brown
08-13-2016, 04:26 PM
Holy crap!!! HOW did I NOT see that???? THANK YOU! Yes, of course it should have a handle. I'm on it.

Margaretta
08-13-2016, 06:29 PM
Love the dappled shadow and sunlight and the texture on the wall. It's so..... continental including those colourful stone pots of geraniums.
I would have liked the door open as if it were the afternoon in Spain. It would give it more depth and mystery and be a little less tidy. I wouldn't be surprised if there were beer inside. It's such a happy painting!

travellight27
08-14-2016, 10:02 PM
It's a great painting. My comment would be one area needs to dominant over the others. The four sets of flowers take the eye in four places at one time. Perhaps two of the vases could be closer together on one side and have more lighter flowers to pop off the terra cotta wall.
TL

harryfisherman
08-15-2016, 05:48 AM
I think it would be more interesting if the two large pots weren't evenly spaced. A cerulean door, partly ajar. Preferably with a door knob. An old looking door not dead center.

This gives a feeling of being too well planned and brand new.

Harry

Tom Brown
08-15-2016, 07:38 AM
All good suggestions. Thank you. Maybe I'll do another.