PDA

View Full Version : Center for Contemporary Print Biennial International Miniature Print Competition 2017

bridog
08-09-2016, 04:58 PM
Center for Contemporary Printmaking Norwalk Connecticut USA
https://contemprints.org/index.php/exhibitions/call-for-entries

Saint Ragdoll
08-12-2016, 08:17 PM
That is a small print! It must be 4 square inches....... either 1 by 4, 2 by 2 or 1.5 by 2.66 acording to the prospectus.
Hmmmmmm Is anyone here entering?
Teresa
Saint Ragdoll

bridog
08-13-2016, 09:18 AM
I may depending on my schedule over the fall and winter (I give art instruction in public schools contracted as an independent educator). I have participated in two miniature print invitationals to date. Yes the prints usually have to fit within a restricted size criteria. Have been producing fairly small work from the studio the past couple of years in both relief (wood engraving) and intaglio (polymer plate, drypoint on acrylic plate, and collagraph). There are some challenges with working on a small scale but there lies the fun. :) If you Google mini print and have a look at some of the examples of print work that have been accepted and catalogued in various competitions worldwide, you will see there are a lot of impressive works made by printmakers out there. There is BIMPE (Vancouver, BC) Lessedra (Sofia, Bulgaria), Cadaques (Spain), Internationale d'art miniature (Quebec) to name but a few.