PDA

View Full Version : “Peace reigns kindness? The death knell for the horse.”

PainterIlya
08-09-2016, 04:07 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/08-09-2016/28986_The_death_knell_for_the_horse_resized.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/08-09-2016/28986_The_death_knell_for_the_horse_fragment1_resized.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/08-09-2016/28986_The_death_knell_for_the_horse_fragment2_resized.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: “Peace reigns kindness?...The death knell for the horse.”
Year Created: 2016
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 2,68x2,30 m (108x92 in.)
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Hi there!

During last half of a year I was working seriously on my new painting named “Peace reigns kindness?..."The death knell for the horse.”
Now it’s finished and I would like to show it on Wetcanvas.

Description in a short.
The painting shows the centuries of humiliation of man over the horse. Here: the invasion of the Tatars; and knight of the Middle Ages; and civil wars; and the eerie spectacle of bullfighting for the amusement of the people; and betting on horse racing; and training of horses through its beating; slaughter of horses for meat ... And all this through violence and killing of horses that are taking place in the civilized world.
In the upper right co<br>er - the falling broken bell symbolizes the death knell for the horse. In the center of paintings generalized image of tortured crippled horse. Upstairs on the central part is me, the author of the painting horrified by the acts of man.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I am very waiting for your comments and critique.

Tom Brown
08-09-2016, 04:36 PM
I am not qualified to comment on work of such high caliber.

La_
08-09-2016, 05:00 PM
as usual there are puddles of both drool and tears at my feet after viewing your work

welcome back

la

SilverSwallow
08-09-2016, 11:45 PM
This is fantastic work, and you obviously put a lot of work and love into it and it shows. Well done.
Really nice composition that leads the eye to a clear focal point and tells a story, and a very classical feel to the image.
I have only 2 small subjective opinions on the piece, and these are:

I think you can lose the blood effect on the horse. The blood on the eye, and the nostril and the blood splatters look like they were an afterthought and don't do anything to communicate better than what you have already achieved.
I actually think they distract and take away from your great work.

Lastly, above the horse's ear is a brown horse on the orange yellow that's falling over a ledge I guess, but its creating a visual pull away from the focal point. The other horse's beside it are all of a low value that blend in nicely with the background, but that particular horse is drawing attention. Put your thumb over it and your overall image reads better.

Other than those two minor subjective thoughts, I tip my hat to you on this. Very well executed piece with plenty of evocative mood and story.

AudreyCatherine
08-10-2016, 12:20 AM
Thank you Ilya!!:clap: :clap: :clap: We are in the presence of a master when you share your work with us. You have combined your great talent with a touching call for humans to reckon with their own behavior. I hope this work is seen by many. You have touched hearts (and of course the tear ducts). Blessings to you for composing and bringing it to fruition! May I say I believe it is a piece that will be hanging in a museum. Happy Days to you! P.S. I wouldn't change a thing-unless you want to. "If it ain't broke-don't fix it" :)