GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Jade Dragon - Tiger Leaping Gorge
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 28x40
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
The Jade Dragon, Tiger Leaping Gorge. Lijiang, Yunan China. I did this at my youngest son's request. Andy, had hiked here two years ago and asked if I would paint it for him. Of course he had no photos, so I went straight to Google. He had a long list of elements he wanted included in the painting, and it HAD to be at dawn. I realize this is too busy and jumps around a lot, but it has everything in it that he requested. I asked for feedback in the WIP forum about values of large elements, and after over 100 views, not one comment. So, I guess it's done.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
If you see something that can be fixed by glaze or scrumble, please let me know.

La_
08-09-2016, 12:33 PM
i'm just sad i can't find a tiger :(
:cat:
exceptional work!

of the 'too busy' ... i wonder ... does it make sense/have appeal to you to push harder along the strip/sweep of stronger colors? yes, it already stands out some, but is it on the edge of either too much or not quite enough in its stand outedness? i am Very tempted to say - push it, push it hard.

la

Big_Lew
08-09-2016, 12:38 PM
This is beautiful, Tom!

It is a little busy, but I understand your goal.

The only comment I have is that the golden river at the bottom of the gorge doesn't feel right - as everything else around it is in shadow. This is very minor... Maybe brighten up the colors (and clouds) adjacent to the river to create a distinct area of sunlight?

VERY nice effort,

Big Lew

Tom Brown
08-16-2016, 08:45 AM
Thanks, I took both recommendations, and altered the balance down by the river and changed the entry and path a bit. I'm gong to put this away for a couple weeks and take a fresh look then. Thank you so much for great recommendations.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Aug-2016/1986439-image.jpeg