PDA

View Full Version : happiness

Johan58
08-07-2016, 11:16 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/08-07-2016/1967424_happiness.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: happiness
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18x22
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
happiness is how i see the tranquility of the river, never stop always on the move

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
do i need to change or alter anything

kin3
08-08-2016, 12:12 PM
I like it.

SilverSwallow
08-09-2016, 04:55 AM
Hello there,
I like what your trying to do and its a good effort for sure, although there are some technical issues with this piece.
In order of priority, these are perspective-the mountains look quite flat, and the trees have major proportional difference, your values are essentially the same throughout the piece with no difference between foreground and background, except for the very back mountains, which you have correctly done using atmospheric perspective.
Composition wise, there is no real focal point although the river leads our eye to the back.
Green is a difficult colour to handle, as it usually consists of blues, yellows, browns. Right now there is too much of the one colour green.

I suggest you have a look at some master landscape artists and study how they deal with foliage, mountains, water etc. I highly suggest John Singer Sargent as a way to practice and understand value.

I hope this helps you, and keep at it!