PDA

View Full Version : In studio

PainterIlya
10-24-2003, 04:06 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-24-2003/28986_V_masterskoi1.JPG

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: In studio
Year Created: 1999
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 2,4*2,0 m
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I think that you can find here the anwers on the your questions about my art in our days.

Sorry for the bad quality of the slide. This is big work and it impossible to place in the wetcanvas slide with good resolution and big size (to match size of the image).
If you want I can submit to you large image via e-mail personally.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
waiting your comments

my gallery http://Painterilya.narod.ru/indexE.htm

jerryW
10-24-2003, 08:02 AM
markr has posted something with wild animals unexpectedly in the space - a simmilarity is detected both in ability and surreality.
here
the nearly titian-like battle scene is both the painting and the back drop for your show of juxtapositioned surreal indolence.
like savouring a wierd taste mixed with a smile.

markr
10-24-2003, 08:09 AM
Been wanting to write to you every since I read the thread "The Truth About PainterIlya". I'm just shocked that you had this much conviction at some point and now you're not painting cause you live in such a small space or cannot afford the best materials. I know I'm speaking from a very limited and very american, hence naive, or ****ed, perspective. If I had this knowledge and facility I think I would be using it to speak about what I'm really experiencing, people outside the window, yourself in the mirror, the city in shambles or whatever ... I don't really know ... I'm not there. Feels like, from these posts, that you're trying to milk this work a bit more ... that's OK if it's the nourishment you need to approach the future ... but there's always a time to let go and move ahead.
Regarding the financial aspect: ****, I would send you $ if I were not so broke myself. I know you're are used to the best materials available, but just because they're not all of the sudden does not mean you have to stop working. It's just adjustments that have to made. I've done drawings with cigarette ashes, search my posts and look at "My Friends Coat Rack" for an example.
Don't want to discourage you from posting here ... hell, I'm hardly here myself ... I do want to encourage you to make some new work and post that here real soon.
Please do ... you have a story we all need to hear.
Thank you,
Mark

pero lane
10-24-2003, 01:25 PM
What a huge undertaking...and gloriously done!:clap: