PDA

View Full Version : The Goal Post August 2016

*Deirdre*
08-01-2016, 04:47 AM
Hi

Welcome the the Goal Post. Goal setting is a very good tool to help people get organized. If you write or post your thoughts, you are more committed and have a better chance of reaching those goals.

Your goals can be short term or long term. They can be daily, weekly, monthly or annual goals. Goals are personal, so everybody's goals will be different. They are your goals, so you can do what ever you want.

Come join the regular gang and get encouragement to help you reach your goals. We have a very friendly group and we are always looking for new people to join us.

Feel free to share links or images of goals achieved or in progress, those are always fun and people like cheering them on.
I've started it today as Dougwas may not be up yet....that's the advantage of living in the UK :evil: :lol: ...

Mij
08-01-2016, 06:18 AM
Hi everyone, I achieved little last month (well it was in the miniature forum :lol::lol::lol:) and most of my time will be spent there and on non art goals. I intend clearing the clutter out of the garage, erecting a shed to take what must be kept and recycling that which must be got rid of.
jim.

Dougwas
08-01-2016, 10:36 AM
Thanks for starting us out, Deirdre. It's 6:30 AM here on the west coast of Canada and I thought that would be early enough. Guess I will have to start the thread the night before so all the early risers in the east can get their day started. And yes, I will gladly host the Goal Post again.:)

Now I have to figure out my goals.:lol:

Doug

Judibelle
08-01-2016, 11:53 AM
Thanks, Deirdre...and Hi to Doug and Jim....

Now that my garden is in 'full bloom', and I Have started eating (some of) the fruits of my labors....it's time to get back on the art-track again.
So I will start with a weekly sketch/ study and hopefully work up from there.
Still watching videos, at least one a week.
Slow and Steady wins the race....

Mij
08-03-2016, 10:12 PM
Hello Doug. Have you sorted any goals yet? Getting used to the shoe inserts is probably close to no 1 I should imagine.

Hi Judi, eating the produce already, it should provide you with a still life for a short while :lol:. We have been meaning to have patio produce but those goals seem to pass me by :clear:.

We did get out to see some sheds and bought one to be delivered and erected on the 7th of Next month. Tomorrow one of my lads is coming to help me clear the clutter and insulate the garage. I have tried a sketch for the miniature challenge page twice, but each time it went off the rails. My sketching gets like that sometimes.
Jim

Mij
08-04-2016, 07:08 AM
I did not realize the time when I wrote that last note. It is later today (about 19:00) that he expects to arrive here.
jim

Judibelle
08-05-2016, 04:37 PM
Hope everything went well with the garage-clearing, Jim. I have all that ahead of me yet, and I don't look forward to it.

I actually got started painting again a couple of days ago, and it feels GOOD!
Taking me awhile to get used to things again, but I hope to keep it up as long as I can. The Spotlight is on sunsets this month....an inspiring subject for me....so we'll see...

Mij
08-06-2016, 12:59 AM
Hello Judi, so you got to paint and it felt good, well done. There must be plenty of inspiration around on sunsets.

We got started Thursday night and we went shopping for the stuff we needed. I am aching and tired, I have been on my pins all day. My son is a hard task master for sure.
Jim.

Judibelle
08-06-2016, 05:37 PM
Hi Jim....Hope you get a rest soon. Is the garage job finished?

I managed to do 2 little 1/2hr- each sunsets today....no stress, no fuss....just layered in the colors and had fun with them.

Tomorrow will be busy, as will all of next week, so I probably won't get back to playing again til next weekend. Fun while it lasted....

Mij
08-06-2016, 08:20 PM
Hi Judi, well done on the couple of sunsets started. It is a pity you only get to them at weekends. The main thing is that you enjoyed them.

We did not finish one side of the garage as we had to take off to Eastbourne for stuff. We also cleared the inside of what I'd call the old shed that was made 24 years ago. My lad made a good shelf to put transparent plastic containers which we got at various places (& prices). Lots of trips to the re-cycling centre. He has gone back now, he thinks I am done in and wont last another day I think he was right :). If I sit down it's excruciating to get up and walk :eek:. I will just plod along seeing what I can do. Oh I did forget that we disturbed a wasp nest in a tree stump that was felled a few years ago.
Jim.

Dougwas
08-07-2016, 11:20 AM
Judi- Sounds like you are back at it! :clap: You are doing a great job on your goals! Sunsets are always a fun subject. Maybe I will join in the fun.

Jim- Yikes! I can understand why you are aching! As we get older, our minds say we can do things and our bodies disagree disagree. You will be so happy when everything gets done. You will also probably find things you forgot you owned. :lol: Good luck with the overhaul and I hope you find some time for your art.

Speaking of aching bodies, mine has been sore for a few days now. On Thursday, I had a noon appointment for a medical procedure at our hospital and didn't get in until 2:00. Sitting in those uncomfortable chairs didn't help my back at all. I am still paying the price. The only good thing about the whole ordeal is that they didn't find anything wrong with me. I have to admit it is a relief. Wondering about your health is always a distraction.

I signed up for another course.:clear: That is three I am currently working on. This one is on seascapes in watercolour. I have so many ocean photos that I want to do in watercolour, but have no idea how to even start. I watched the first half of the demo on the first painting and already feel as though I should be able to do it. We will see!

My goals for August are:

1) Work daily on one of the three watercolour courses.
2) Paint two more paintings for my FCA portfolio.
3) Finish rearranging things in my studio.

Doug

robertsloan2
08-07-2016, 05:25 PM
Purr, thank you for starting this, Deirdre! I've been out of it on heat and health issues, haven't been painting or drawing much either and still miss Ari so much.

Goal for August, try to draw or paint at least once.

The way the weather's been I'll be doing good if I do anything.

Mij
08-07-2016, 08:02 PM
Hello Robert, you have been missed. Yes the weather has been warm over here as well and is no good for any that suffer with the heat- my SWMBO for a starters.
Well you have mentioned a goal so let us hope the weather allows you to do that.
Jim

Mij
08-09-2016, 04:06 AM
Hi there Doug, I hope your back is easing. You have some good goals so I hope they come to fruition. Also another watercolour course on seascapes. Well done, sufficient to keep you busy I shouldn't wonder. Water is not easy but a few get it just right.
I have got over the busy period, I think! Well it is early Tuesday morning :). Yes we still think like we are young but that is not so. The time when I was as energetic as my son was quite a few years ago. He runs rings around me these days and so it should be I suppose. I will do what grand dads usually do, sit and watch the adverts on youtube, oh and dream.
Jim

Dougwas
08-29-2016, 09:59 AM
I guess everybody has been busy with non-art related things. I know that is the case for me. Two weekends in a row we have had a house full. It was fun, but now life should be getting back to normal.

I haven't done a lot of painting on my courses, but I have managed to get some painting done. No more paintings for my portfolio, but the studio is all rearranged and organized. It is a mess, but it is my mess. :) I find that once September rolls around my daily routine seems to get back on track. Maybe i am just used to it being time to go back to school.

I hope everybody is healthy and doing fine. It was good to hear from you, Robert.

Doug

robertsloan2
08-29-2016, 10:22 AM
Purr thanks! I did get one page pen and inked but not watercolored, so I'll post that when I wash it. Did a knotwork border on that. Need to get photos. Been mostly outdoors family stuff and cat petting, smothered under barn cats. All three barn cats are looking after me seriously. Yogurt must be shared. Toast must be shared. Alfredo sauce likewise. They're lovable furry land sharks.

I also made it to Johannes class and loved last Saturday's painting.

Jim, yeah, sometimes the kids run around in a bewildering way at high speed. Doug yeah, it's weird, even decades after leaving school it's like summers are their own thing and not much gets done.

Oh, and Kyra now allows pets and will come asking for them, musically prooting and mewing, then gently wash and bite my fingers to let me know she is a Biting Cat. She does test bites like a Great White...

Mij
08-29-2016, 11:23 AM
Hi Doug. Well join the club or should I say the rest of the goalies. Yes , it is the holiday season and peeps get little done. You seem to have the studio organized, all set for next month then unless one of the rellies upsets the plan :).

Hello Robert. Much the same as us except you did a pen without the wash, oh and the knot-work for the border. Family also took you outdoors as well. What makes me think you have a soft spot for those barn cats :angel:. I have yet to be bitten by a great white.....so I can't comment :)

I have achieved nothing art-wise but I have:-
sorted and tidied out a shed.
Filed stuff in transparent boxes
Dismantled a wooden dining table
Put together a flat-packed particle board dining table (it was heavier than the wooden one and that was very very heavy).
Fitted a roof rack on the car
Started insulation lining of the garage.
Prepared for an overnight stay of wife's daughter. Oh and cooked the evening meal.
I think I am ready for a rest :lol:.

What has Judi been up to I wonder?
Jim.

Judibelle
08-29-2016, 03:39 PM
Not much, Jim...LOL...Nope, it's been another non-art month for the most part.
Busy clearing out the garage, etc.
You have certainly been busy, though....

Doug...kudos on getting your studio re-arranged! Must feel good. Now on to more painting!

Rob....Good to hear from you....Been missing your entries lately. Glad to hear things are good with you....

I can't believe this month is about over already....each one seems to go by more quickly than the last. Maybe next month will be better for painting...

blr2449
08-29-2016, 08:45 PM
Glad to see you up and around, Robert. That was a great photo posted on Facebook! You look great. LOVE the beard!!