PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Scumble August 2016

CM Neidhofer
08-01-2016, 12:47 AM
Hi everyone! Welcome to the Scumble, our monthly chat thread where we share the happenings of our everyday lives! I hope you will all chime in and we look forward to hearing about them.

Here's a link to last month's Scumble: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1408155

AnnieA
08-13-2016, 02:42 PM
Hi Christine and all! I'm a long-time WC denizen who formerly used pastels, but eventually gave them up due to dust allergies. Some oldtimers in the forum may remember me. I now plan to sell my collection, but have no idea where to start in pricing.

I have a huge collection of Unison, Townsend, Sennelier, Schminke, etc. and a lot of Rembrandts and a few each of other assorted brands, as well as Nupastels. About a third are in near-new condition. Most have the labels removed, but most of them are catalogued with color swatches for easy reordering. Is there a pricing formula for used pastels? What about pastel papers/surfaces (Wallis Museum, Art Spectrum, Canson, etc.)? Does it make more sense to try to sell the whole shebang in their wood storage case, or to sell the original sets (I still have the boxes)? I'd prefer not to sell individual sticks - will it work for me to bundle groups of, say, 10 pastels?

Any advice would be appreciated!

water girl
08-13-2016, 03:32 PM
Annie, Sorry to hear that you are giving up pastels. Try posting this as well, below, in the general question and answer area.

AnnieA
08-13-2016, 06:29 PM
Thanks, Karen. Do you mean I should post a thread in Pastel Talk, or? I don't know my way around here any more!

AnnieA
08-14-2016, 02:18 AM
OK, I figured it out now and did a separate thread in Pastel Talk. Thanks again.