PDA

View Full Version : Figure study: Female Torso +

youmna
07-07-2001, 02:05 PM
From a photo in a magazine; single light source (front). Done in 0.7mm mechanical pencil, HB lead, on ordinary drawing paper.

I don't know if I should add more contrast in the interior... Any comments are more than welcome!

Thanks,
Youmna

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jul-2001/torse_femme_youmna.jpg

Nathangill
07-07-2001, 03:22 PM
Don't touch it!
Hehe

I wish I could decide "That's enough" so early in my own sketches. LOL

I always end up with really dark skin. I did a portrait of my girlfriend (who is very pale) and she looked black.

Actually - there's one thing that seems to bulge a little too much - the "love handle" on the left of her navel (by our view, not hers) looks a bit bigger than the other. Think you could shade it lightly to make it seem smaller?

Nathan.

jwaskey
07-08-2001, 06:21 PM
Youmna,

Finish the hands! the hands!

Also, I would encourage you to measure, measure, measure.
You've paid good attention to the contour of the form, and have thought about shading, but I suspect that you concentrated too much on individual areas of the figure, without first mapping out the whole landscape.

You have a good attention to detail, but don't get lost in it.
If you use elements of the body as major points of interest to measure from (ie, from the neck to the waist there are, say two head lengths, and from shoulder to shoulder also about two head lengths wide) you'll have a much better framework to pull the details out of.

Jason

youmna
07-09-2001, 03:13 AM
Nathan, Jason,

Thanks a lot for your comments! Will keep practicing...

Youmna :)