PDA

View Full Version : Flowers in the sun

b'anna
07-27-2016, 01:53 PM
This was done from a reference in the reference lib here. I started it in Paintstorm Studio on the Ipad and finished it In paintstorm on the desktop. One of the things I like about this application is the fact that the programs are almost identical on both the ipad and Desktop (both just as powerful) and you can bring it back and forth with all the layers as frequently as you want.
Thanks for looking and all comments and critiques are always welcome!

Barb

Flitterby
07-27-2016, 09:30 PM
It's just perfect Barb - your talent really shows. I love the contrast between the loose and sharp areas.

Delofasht
07-27-2016, 09:36 PM
Superb work here as usual. This one really strikes me as it has so many of my favorite elements going on, light, shadows, reflected light, painterly strokes, atmospheric effects, everything! It is such a wonderful piece, thanks for sharing it with us. I have been working on a traditional painting of a flower on canvas in oils, it is almost done actually, must be flower painting season. :D

If you like using desktop software on your iPad and happen to have a Mac as your desktop then you may find Astropad to be an amazing app. I found it totally worth the money I spent on it, and they are finishing up an update right now that really makes it responsive. I love painting on my Mac from my bed with it, WiFi enabled fast screen mirroring tech is rather impressive to me. It is what I have been streaming with from my computer too, turns my iPad into a small Cintiq.

b'anna
07-27-2016, 10:47 PM
Thanks folks!
Delo, I have a pc so Astropad isn't in my immediate future. But I have heard about it. Sigh!!

Yorky
07-28-2016, 04:26 AM
Fantastic! Wonder if it works on a Windows 10 tablet?

Doug

Willowshades
07-28-2016, 09:10 AM
You are one of my favorite artist, Barb. Fantastic! I love you work.

LavenderFrost
07-28-2016, 11:22 AM
Beautiful!

Lucy-Foote
07-28-2016, 06:13 PM
How pretty Barb, everyone has said what I would say about this painting.:)
Have you tried entering any art shows?

Lucy

b'anna
07-28-2016, 06:47 PM
Thanks Lucy!! No I have never have tried any art shows but I am showing in a Cancer surviver support group show. So I am excited about that. My first ever public showing. (15 years and counting!!)

Delofasht
07-28-2016, 07:24 PM
Unfortunate Barb, I often hear so much skepticism regarding Macs. . . I found out first hand that it's not well put. They run well and stably for very long periods, and have tons of accessibility options, are easy to use mostly, but way harder to learn to be a super power user with (and some limitations regarding hardware, but I found you can sell off your old Mac for a decent value, where my PC couldn't be given away even when it was really decent).

b'anna
07-28-2016, 07:38 PM
Delo,
I'm a power user as far as PCs are concerned and I guess that is one of the reasons I never changed. And I get my PCs from a place called MAINGEAR and there service and support is second to none. I mean the support people are the same ones that build your pc and actually know what your talking about when you mention BIos. So I think I am a pc user for the duration.
Even when I blow it up, they can usully put me back together.

arl
07-29-2016, 08:29 AM
Great modeling of the flowers and use of light.

Monastic Bat
07-29-2016, 01:40 PM
Just lovely, excellent work.:clap::clap::clap:
Regards,
Greg

b'anna
07-29-2016, 02:41 PM
Greg, Arlene, Thanks for looking!

Barb