PDA

View Full Version : Winter sunset

b'anna
07-19-2016, 10:09 AM
Couldn't decide on sunrise or sunset...I Should always have such problems! Anyway, this was started while I was waiting at the Drs office. Always lots of time to paint there. I finished it up one night in the wee hours. Thanks for looking and as always....All comments and critiques are always welcome

Barb

LavenderFrost
07-19-2016, 10:38 AM
Very pretty!

Ken Doyle
07-19-2016, 04:40 PM
nice!

Willowshades
07-19-2016, 05:42 PM
Love it! It is warm and cold at the same time.

b'anna
07-19-2016, 05:48 PM
Thanks guys! Appreciate your peeking in!

kerryaislinn
07-19-2016, 11:24 PM
This is really wonderful. You mentioned that you started this at the doctor's office. May I ask what technology or program you use to do this? :)

b'anna
07-20-2016, 10:41 AM
Thanks Kerry! I have an Ipad Pro and for this one I used a program called PaintStorm Studio. Paintstorm studio is a bit expensive based in ipad programs but it does everything the big boys do. It is a very poerful program and is available for both ipad and desktops. The only thing is it is not very user friendly and has very little documentation. But once you get past that it has turned into my favorite ipad program. Procreate is also a great program but no where near as powerful.
Thanks again for looking and Welcome to digital!

Barb

Davkin
07-22-2016, 12:44 AM
Very nice. The lighting is very convincing.

Lucy-Foote
07-22-2016, 10:11 AM
Very nice morning sun rise, and reflection of the sun on the trees. How long of a wait do you have in doc's office to paint.?

Lucy

b'anna
07-22-2016, 01:38 PM
I was early this time so I had about 45 minutes. Finished most of it there and then put in some details at home.

kerryaislinn
07-31-2016, 07:58 PM
Thanks Kerry! I have an Ipad Pro and for this one I used a program called PaintStorm Studio. Paintstorm studio is a bit expensive based in ipad programs but it does everything the big boys do. It is a very poerful program and is available for both ipad and desktops. The only thing is it is not very user friendly and has very little documentation. But once you get past that it has turned into my favorite ipad program. Procreate is also a great program but no where near as powerful.
Thanks again for looking and Welcome to digital!

Barb

Thanks for letting me know what programs you use! Your painting is really impressive. I haven't gotten the hang of using a tablet yet for painting, so ill need to look into those two programs. I've only used the Wacom Tablets for my computer. Having a more portable medium would be extremely helpful!

b'anna
08-16-2016, 08:22 PM
I do love the ipad pro with the apple pencil. THe apple pencil makes all the difference.

arl
08-18-2016, 01:28 PM
Love the colors and the texture of the strokes particularly in the left foreground tree.