GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Vegetable Garden 2
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Wood
Dimension: 20x20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Tried posting this before, but as I am new and clueless, it kept getting deleted every time I posted something afterwards. Seems I can only post one a day if I want things to work properly. Guess I should have read that before I started posting

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Hurt me bad, I wanna lea<br> how to paint gardens.

Andrewcody
07-17-2016, 09:04 PM
Looking good Tom
Regards
Andrew

Mr linseed
07-24-2016, 04:49 PM
I love the dappled light on the earth. The tree in the background needs more contrast. Try adding some shadows in the leaves.

abachar
07-25-2016, 11:21 PM
I love the dappled light on the earth. The tree in the background needs more contrast. Try adding some shadows in the leaves.

I agree, your lighting on the garden is fantastic. It's a beautiful painting. I also agree that the tree behind the garden needs more contrast. Specifically contrast that gives it more volume. :)

Tom Brown
07-26-2016, 07:22 AM
Thanks, I see it now. Actually that's ALL I see now, time to add volume to a tree.

bocote
08-06-2016, 07:35 PM
Painting gardens is like anything else. You've got a nice painting here.

Lighting is very nice here, but the shadows are a touch dark and the tree in the middle background is large, unshapely, and would be better off missing or truer.

have fun,

Many of the plants are well portrayed and on their own really don't need anything, but in the future try blobbing the shadow forms (plants) in and then focus on light and detail rather than doing each leaf as a separate project.