PDA

View Full Version : Streaming on Twitch

Delofasht
07-15-2016, 12:40 PM
I've recently been learning about streaming on Twitch. I paint in both digital and natural media so I thought I'd let everyone know here about what I've been working on. If you have any questions or want to follow along I'm going to be trying to stream again and it might be cool to ask questions and get answers right there.

Today was about environments mostly, but I touched on a couple interesting techniques I use when thinking about drawing things or designing shapes, figures, spaces, and so on.

Here is the image I'm working on in this stream, building up each of these smaller paintings into more complete works. I started by changing the sky color, and then start building up spaces and such, but mostly getting rid of those hard near black lines that were part of my initial sketch, they are so ugly and not informing my decisions much anymore. They did however provide me a lot of early thinking about the spaces so I have a much more clear image to paint from in my mind.

Before:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jul-2016/34519-Art_Posse_s_2.jpeg

After:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jul-2016/34519-Art_Posse.jpeg

If you get a chance and have a twitch.tv account drop on by and hang out with me some. I'm going to post this to Youtube at some point, please forgive me that I'm repeating a lot of stuff sometimes. It is challenging to keep track of what I've talked about before, and sometimes am asked questions by the chat, often about something I've already talked about.

Edit: I realized that some of my stream got cut off, feel free to jump through it if you find it slow or boring, painting is a slow process sometimes.

Willowshades
07-15-2016, 10:43 PM
I like the after top left picture. Seems to be an interesting project.

LavenderFrost
07-16-2016, 10:44 AM
Interesting.

b'anna
07-19-2016, 10:03 AM
I like the idea. INteresting!

Delofasht
07-20-2016, 08:26 AM
It has certainly been fun so far, moved a bit further with it on Monday, working slow because ai want to make sure I build in a lot of happy accidents. Those will start to reveal themselves as I start building atmosphere on Friday. The second stream went up on YouTube with a cut of the first hour that I was really just struggling to be awake, and my kid's movie could be heard in the background. In the fun part of the paintings now, probably time to pick one and increase the resolution and start painting out, or in, edges and maybe crop a bit.

LavenderFrost
07-20-2016, 10:01 AM
I tried to find your YouTube channel on your deviantart page, but that link doesn't work, it says the channel doesn't exist.

Delofasht
07-20-2016, 10:44 PM
Yeah they recently changed my url. I have to update it now. :/. Thanks for letting me know.

Edit: Should be fixed now.