GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: After the storm
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 20ish X 20ish
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Heavily influenced by a painting done by an artist whose name I cannot recall.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
All C&C welcome.

GardenMaven
07-15-2016, 08:45 PM
I love this painting, nothing to critique!

La_
07-16-2016, 01:47 AM
Nice!
love the light

la

Wassie
07-16-2016, 12:14 PM
So beautiful and peaceful. I love the sunshine coming through.

A.wakening
07-16-2016, 09:56 PM
Hi, total newb here. Spent all day watching Stefan Baumann and other artists on oil painting instruction as i have only done 2 and a half myself (2w/ Bob Ross...so that gives you my knowledge base)
I think the painting is beautiful, but am wondering about the focal point? Is it just me or because I've overdone on videos today, but my eye is moving up and down where both of the beautiful light areas are shining? I love the light shining through to the grass, but then eyes bounce up and then back down.
Since I know nothing but what's been jammed in my head today lol! The colors are lovely, but because of the title my eyes went first to the darker clouds and I FELT the storm that had passed, and then enjoyed the sun. Very nice

~JMW~
07-17-2016, 02:46 AM
Wonderful effect of sunlight..
The only thing I wonder about is, the darks in the undergrowth of the woods - I canít tell for sure what color is there now, but seems a black/gray tone..
what if it was a deep dark blue/purple, a deep blue /purp mix would tie the sky colors into those deep shadowy areas..
Some say a black tone tends to make for blah/dead shadows, while a deep purp/blue mix makes it a bit livelier..
Maybe something to think about next time, or add some peeks to the background greens thru the trees.