PDA

View Full Version : Morning Scribbles 17

Delofasht
07-09-2016, 01:30 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jul-2016/34519-M_Scrb_6_s.jpeg

Just a little something to get my day started that I painted while listening to some youtube videos. It was really fun just slapping some large strokes about and figuring out what it could be.

I'm super busy painting in natural media as well and working on a whole series of personal works geared toward building a world for my stories to go in. It's complex and very mentally exhausting, so this was a nice little break from the caverns I've been working on for the past few weeks.

b'anna
07-09-2016, 02:09 PM
Havn't seen you in a while and now I know why! I love just playing sometime and it is so nice when it surprises me and it turns into a painting.
Glad you came for a visit
Barb

Willowshades
07-09-2016, 04:40 PM
I like that technique because I do the same thing. By that I mean, slapping paint on the canvas and seeing what happens. This looks great and I like the perspective.

LavenderFrost
07-10-2016, 11:21 AM
Nice!

Monastic Bat
07-11-2016, 09:38 AM
Very nice for just slapping some color around. I would like to see some of your Natural Media work.:clap:
Regards,
Greg.

Monastic Bat
07-11-2016, 09:51 AM
I just did a quick wander threw some of you work on Wet Canvas. I must say "I admire your talent", you have a good eye and a very nice style.
Regards,
Greg.

Delofasht
07-12-2016, 04:29 AM
Thanks Greg! I find that the work in one media transfers over very well in other mediums. Everything is connected I tend to say.

Hey Barb, I do try to sneak in here ever once in awhile just to look but I have little time anymore to post. Couldn't sleep tonight, so here I am :lol: I am going to be tired tomorrow, oh well. Totally worth it.

Willowshades, slapping that paint around sure is fun, it can be really fast too. It always reminds me of how much power a few strokes can have, and that a well placed stroke can be worth a great deal many more.

As a treat to myself I downloaded Astropad for my iPad Pro with Apple Pencil that I am using to replace my old iPhone (why carry a phone anyhow :D). So now while I am at the house I run the full version of ArtRage on my Mac in the room and paint from bed while still having pressure and tilt sensitivity and larger processing power. It is pretty impressive actually, like having a Cintiq in my bed. Now I wish I had picked up the 12.9inch screen instead of the 9.7. Oh well, still amazing.

laika
07-12-2016, 02:44 PM
The big strokes make it look like a conventional painting. I like this painting!

Lucy-Foote
07-12-2016, 09:26 PM
Sribbling is fun.

Lucy