PDA

View Full Version : Roses

Rachael1
07-02-2016, 04:18 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/07-02-2016/1983860_IMG_20160702_200041.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Roses
Year Created:
Medium: Pencil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: A4
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
300gm watercolour paper

Potentially finished!!

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Have I blended enough, given enough depth? How can I do these things better if required?
I will be writing a poem to the right of picture. There is nothing to reflect shadow off so I only added a little to the leaves. Should I put shadow in and where? Any comments would be most appreciated as I am very much a beginner with all forms of art! Thank you!

La_
07-03-2016, 12:14 AM
Potentially blurry photo!?

the water droplets definitely should not have the sharpest/darkest lines so i'd soften those (or sharpen everything around them). without seeing your reference pic it's hard to say exactly what more you should/could do. roses are complicated; you've picked a great study composition.

la

Rachael1
07-03-2016, 12:26 AM
Thank you for your advice!
Yes I did wonder if the droplets were too sharp compared to rest. I don't think the photograph is blurry, that is actually what it looks like!! Maybe I need more definition. Don't have a reference photo I just picked some rose shapes I liked along with the leaves. Possibly, on reflection I have shaded the leaves more blurry than the flowers. I will look at it again with your thoughts in mind. :)