Dimension: 76 cm x 58 cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Sometimes it feel like this.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
All comments are welcomen.

jerryW
10-23-2003, 09:35 AM
how the color is worked together is excellent.
the concept seems to fall into place safely

artamust
10-23-2003, 02:51 PM
Wonderful design/composition. I like the color - especially the hue variance within the individual shapes. The brush(?) work lends itself well to the overall effect.

Also, a thought provoking concept. Even with the lively colors, it seems to evoke an underlying pain, anxiety, and concern - turning our perception of reality up-side-down.

Steve

madeline
10-23-2003, 03:14 PM
Nice handling of color. I think it's difficult to pull off using so many vibrant colors together in a piece. You definitely succeeded! I also love the way the houses fall down and tumble towards me. (Reminds me of my son's LEGO strewn bedroom floor).
Also, I don't know if you like painting "big", but I think this would be an awesome piece on a larger scale, say 122cm x 152cm.
Great work!:clap:

tbezesky
10-23-2003, 09:54 PM
The concept is fun.
The housing market is falling after all. :D
I love how you made all the the different colors work together.
Texture is interesting to look at.
I agree with Jerry about how everything seems to fall into place.
I don't think that ruins the painting,
but it might make it stronger to have more choas.

TScottDove
10-24-2003, 02:02 AM
perfectly fine as is (especially attracted to the color and texture) - but maybe a house in the foreground, bleeding off the bottom, bringing the falling houses even closer to the viewer?

Matti Lepistö
10-24-2003, 11:02 AM
Thank you for your opinion.

Matti

artamust
10-24-2003, 11:54 AM
The title and the scientific facts related to gravity tell me that the houses are falling from the sky. However, this is art - surreal art - so are they falling from the sky or rising up from the ground? It's easy to assume the latter because the ones on the ground are all upright.

Steve