PDA

View Full Version : IRIS-I finally finished it...I think

arlene
07-07-2001, 12:04 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jul-2001/irisfinalpicture1.jpg

Here it is...finally finished. It was fun to do, but I think with the stonehenge next time, it will be easier to blend...the beard gave me alot of trouble.

Ivyleaf
07-07-2001, 04:36 AM
This looks great Arlene, I love the progression photos that you have done with this, and the end product is just terrific!!!

Great Job!

journey341
07-07-2001, 10:41 AM
I agree totally. Having seen the progression pictures makes this one even more spectacular to me. Arlene, you did a FABULOUS job and I am in awe. My favorite color is also purple so I am in love with this for that reason too! But I just love the burnished look and had a ball watching the process of doing that.

Hats off to you!!!

Jodie

arlene
07-07-2001, 05:34 PM
I'm glad you liked the progression photos...wanted to help show one way of working a cp drawing. Obviously, there are alot of other ways.

Thanks Jodie and Ivy.

And of course I won't tell you about how I wasn't happy with the beard, so I used tape to lift the color, and wound up lifting part of the paper too...sigh.

Gerak
07-08-2001, 10:36 AM
Arlene - beautiful work.......
Thanks for the progress pics and your working method.
I know you havn't got much time, but what about making an article for us in the publisher? :D

arlene
07-16-2001, 01:46 PM
Gerak,
I would love to, but for right now I'm swamped...son's bar mitzvah is Sept. 1 with my trip to the KY getaway this week and a major show the 10th of August and my one woman show the begining of Sept.

Remind me in Oct. and I'll see what I can do.

I'm glad it was helpful to you...I can't wait to see more of yours!

animal
07-29-2001, 11:12 AM
I agree with everybody`s comments.:) Thanks for posting progress pics too.:cool:

Lulu
07-29-2001, 05:25 PM
This is EXQUISITE - I saw it in the earlier stages but hadn't caught up with it finished. Wow!
Arlene, I presume you have sprayed this - what with? Method of spraying - several light coats, one coat???? Not sure how to treat my rose and would appreciate your thoughts on spraying.
I'm a bit anxious that it will darken/dull the colours. Thanks.

arlene
07-29-2001, 08:49 PM
I use the krylon workable fixitive. And I spray several light coats when I'm done. Sometimes when I'm working on it, I'll spray a light coat too, if there's too much wax bloom.

Actually by spraying it brings up the colors and brightens them again. Makes the pictue "bloom" so to speak. It might darken it slightly, but not enough to change the color.

Animal,
I only use artist grade cp. There isn't enough pure pigment in the student grade.

Leaflin
07-30-2001, 12:29 PM
Arlene
This is just gorgeous.
Your colours are vibrant.
The progress thread shows all the hard work that went into this.

Chende
07-13-2002, 02:08 PM
Oh, how I aspire to be able to create something so exquisite! I'm running out today to purchase my first set of CP and perhaps an instructional book as well, given that I haven't a clue how to approach this medium.

Cheers,
Carolyn

TeAnne
07-13-2002, 05:17 PM
Good to see this one again :D

arlene
07-13-2002, 07:08 PM
oh geeze chende and teanne...this was the second finished cp i had done.

TeAnne
07-13-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by arlene
oh geeze chende and teanne...this was the second finished cp i had done.
I know :D Isn't it great ? :evil:

surreal
07-14-2002, 12:23 AM
Arlene,
It's exquisite!!!
Nina :)

arlene
07-14-2002, 02:35 AM
thank you, but i'd really appreciate if we'd let this thread drop so some of the newer posted works can get their due...thanks

mistymade
07-14-2002, 03:22 AM
Wow Arlene, that is beautiful!
Misty:)

ripvanblair
07-14-2002, 02:33 PM
Exceptional colours very well done---------Alan