PDA

View Full Version : Is Sennelier hardest harder than.....

JPQ
06-09-2016, 06:56 PM
Is Sennelier hardest harder than Unisons? Rembrandts ? or Winsor&Newton Hard hues. Many hues are special order here where i live (means i get 3 stcks same hue) i want know this.

Nick7
06-10-2016, 07:11 PM
I have only Senellier half sticks and the hardest ones don't paint at all, so yes those are harder than Unisons ;)

Rembrandts are a bit harder in my opinion. Unisons are somewhere between S and R.

JPQ
06-11-2016, 09:06 AM
Rembrandts have something their formulation which is problem to me.is not used pigments becouse i have other pastels which use same pigments i think.

robertsloan2
06-11-2016, 07:53 PM
All pastels brands have filler in them along with the pigments. Sennelier keeps filler to a bare minimum so that affects how hard the sticks are. My half sticks don't have any hard ones that won't leave a mark. However, ones that don't leave a mark, try sanding the outer surface off. They may have become compacted like Rembrandts do. Unisons don't have that problem, ever. I don't think Senneliers are hand rolled, the full sticks look extruded.

JPQ
06-12-2016, 03:00 PM
All pastels brands have filler in them along with the pigments. Sennelier keeps filler to a bare minimum so that affects how hard the sticks are. My half sticks don't have any hard ones that won't leave a mark. However, ones that don't leave a mark, try sanding the outer surface off. They may have become compacted like Rembrandts do. Unisons don't have that problem, ever. I don't think Senneliers are hand rolled, the full sticks look extruded.

Maybe solution or buy Unisons and Schmincke i bet when we add lightfastness Sennelier dont have much hues what i miss. Actually very likely my next new pastels in few years (expect i going paint lot with pastels soon) are Unisons.

mudfish
06-13-2016, 06:00 PM
Schmincke is so soft its useless except for last highlights. I use all these and rate them this way - hard to soft - Rembrandt, W&N, Unison, Sennelier, Schmincke.

JPQ
06-14-2016, 07:01 AM
Schmincke makes most minium amount problems with me. And Sennelier has many lightfastness problems based manufacturer tests.