PDA

View Full Version : Need help computer PC W7

jow104
05-15-2016, 02:03 PM
I have a Wacom intuos medium pro tablet and pen stylus.

I keep losing the use of this equipment because of Windows updates, this occurs after many windows updates over the past few months.

I have done quite a few System Restores over the past week trying to restore to udates before 7th May 16.
This I have done so many times my restore points will not let me now get that far back to select a point before this date.

Does anyone know how I could remedy this or even destroy the latest updates?

The wacom forum recognises the problem and advises to select a spot before the windows update effecting the program,

Even considering crashing my PC, restoring w7 from my microsoft disk and not going anywhere near the internet using this computer. Anygood?

(Got an Ipad and a laptop that can get me on the internet)

Any suggestions please?

Yorky
05-15-2016, 04:46 PM
I would go back to Windows 7 and keep off the internet. The updates are for security but if you keep off the internet you will be safe.

I assume you have looked for up to date Wacom drivers?

Doug

jow104
05-15-2016, 04:48 PM
It appears the latest drivers are still in conflict with w7

Yorky
05-15-2016, 04:51 PM
You should be able to roll back the drivers in the Device Manager.

Doug

jow104
05-15-2016, 04:57 PM
You should be able to roll back the drivers in the Device Manager.

Doug
Ok I will investigate (but w7 states drivers not found and to reinstate I have to remove Wacom from programs first)And I need to be before Windows update of 7may.

Yorky
05-15-2016, 05:04 PM
If you get it working create a Restore Point so you can always go back to it. BTW if you have an old restore point that may get it going.

Doug

jow104
05-16-2016, 03:31 AM
On my w7pro the system restore does not have provision to set a marker.

I shall have to start using the windows back up page in future to solve that one Yorky. thanks for that tip.

Ray_Garside
09-20-2016, 11:50 AM
You may have fixed the problem by now, but I was wondering if you left the tablet plugged in whilst your pc was updating. I'm on W10 and I have my tablet permanently plugged into my pc and have gone through many updates without a problem. Just a thought.

jow104
09-20-2016, 02:49 PM
You may have fixed the problem by now, but I was wondering if you left the tablet plugged in whilst your pc was updating. I'm on W10 and I have my tablet permanently plugged into my pc and have gone through many updates without a problem. Just a thought.

I did solve my problem eventually, I returned the Wacom to Amazon and they refunded on the basis of not fit for purpose.

L Skylar Brown
09-22-2016, 10:41 AM
I agree with Yorky. Win7 is a solid platform, as originally installed. Your computer's processor, and RAM are more important than the Windows version. You might consider upgrading the computer in the future.

keenart
01-10-2017, 11:55 PM
I would suggest another avenue, get a free VM software package such as VMware and install a copy of W7 on it and turn off the internet feature and you can have both worlds on the same machine. I have been running VM''s for a long time now and they have kept my old software from biting the dust. I am still running graphic programs that ran on Win95 from 1990's on the VM.

jow104
01-11-2017, 03:10 AM
I would suggest another avenue, get a free VM software package such as VMware and install a copy of W7 on it and turn off the internet feature and you can have both worlds on the same machine. I have been running VM''s for a long time now and they have kept my old software from biting the dust. I am still running graphic programs that ran on Win95 from 1990's on the VM.

Thanks, I will see if anyone locally here in my town is running such a thing and guide me through on that one, sounds complicated.