PDA

View Full Version : Email Password Alert

Yorky
05-05-2016, 01:45 PM
IMPORTANT PASSWORD ALERT

There has been a major breach of email passwords for the main email servers, gmail, yahoomail, outlook mail etc. You need to change your passwords.

See this youtube video. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-iAmssrsz8)

PS Password advice seen recently:

How to pIck a password

Don't re-use passwords. One ultra-secure one won't be any good if someone finds it

While combining upper and lower case passwords with numbers to alter a memorable word - M4raD0na - is often advised, these are more easily cracked than you might think

Good advice is to make a memorable, unusual sentence: "I am a 7-foot tall metal giant" is better than "My name is John", and use the first letter of each word with punctuation: "Iaa7-ftmg"

Alternatively, you can use a password manager such as 1Password, which can generate secure passwords and store them online

The best way to protect yourself is to use two-factor authentication, which will send a text with a code or use an app to verify your log-in

Doug

starduskmoon
05-06-2016, 11:06 AM
Thank you for the heads up. I didn't know that.

oldrockchick
05-06-2016, 03:01 PM
I had trouble getting on for a while last time I tried. I had to log in again today.
Explains some of the weir stuff. thanks

MarialenaS
05-06-2016, 08:35 PM
Thanks Doug for the information. I've changed my password, though this doesn't help that much if these guys at yahoo and google don't bother to secure their servers. :rolleyes:

That is the reason why I keep my greek accounts, though some friends tell me that they aren't secure enough. Even if that is the case indeed, ( something that I doubt) I never had the sort of the problems that I encounter with yahoo and gmail accounts.

Yorky
05-07-2016, 01:43 AM
Regarding access difficulties the site was extremely slow to respond yesterday in the UK.

In case of difficulty try posting a message in the Wetcanvas Community page on Facebook.

Doug

ArtsyMom
05-12-2016, 08:09 PM
I hadn't seen this till now (5/12/16). Is it still in effect? I'll change my password anyway. Thanks for this.