PDA

View Full Version : vignettes?

RuthT
07-06-2001, 03:13 PM
Hi fellow members. I am almost ready to leave the junior member category, so thought I would have a new avatar. It was painted during a recent lesson and thought I would post it, and another roses painting done in the lessons. I seem to be becoming a vignette painter. The pink roses are actually 3x3and a half inches, and the white 5 and a half x 6. A few years ago my left eye was damaged and everything has to be fairly close for me to see the detail; this seems to make me paint things on the small side. My project for the summer is to paint LARGE flowers - I have always admired Georgia O'keeffe (spelling approximate).
My first attempt at posting 2 images on one posting. Fingers crossed!

NorahT
07-06-2001, 04:40 PM
You didn't manage it Sis :) :) :)

Rod
07-06-2001, 05:53 PM
Hi Ruth,
Theres no sign of any html code in your post.
Upload both of your images and copy the code into notepad temporarily. Then edit your post and add the two lines of code one below the other, then all should work,
Rod.

RuthT
07-06-2001, 07:17 PM
Hi Rod - I didn't even know this much had been successful, thought it was out in cyberspace somewhere. Will try what you suggest, thank you.

RuthT
07-06-2001, 08:53 PM
You must be a very patient man Rod to put up with non-techies like me. I tried what you suggested but no luck. My files were too big. Am going to try a separate reply for each painting.

NorahT - No heckling from the cheap seat please! :)

Rosebud
07-06-2001, 08:58 PM
Ruth,

I'm pulling for you.....hang in there:D

Rose

RuthT
07-06-2001, 09:36 PM
Hi Rose - thank you for your words of encouragement; you will never know how much I needed them! Had just posted the first painting but the second one was not right. Here goes with yet another try :)

NorahT
07-06-2001, 09:55 PM
You made it Sis -- and they are beautiful. Hope to see the originals soon!

Rosebud
07-07-2001, 06:28 AM
Ruth,

Your little flower studies are beautiful..very delicate.

Rose:)

RuthT
07-07-2001, 10:43 AM
Thank you Norah and Rose for your positive comments on my paintings. It is said that there is a reason for everything, and maybe my many attempts were not in vain - I got my first star because of them. :D