Dimension: 22x27
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Update on the Thistles
The first one is the update
and the second one is the original
Painting is thin layers except for the actual thistle flower

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
general comments like, this works and why or it doesn't work and why.

thank you

designditz
10-20-2003, 03:36 AM
You did a good job updating.. the new version has way more depth and really yummy colors!

Pilan
10-20-2003, 01:27 PM
thank you designditz. I just realized something and this is a big WHOOPS! i got so enthralled with the contrast I forgot to put the prickly leaves in. And I thought I was close to being finished. :eek:

Rieko
10-20-2003, 01:38 PM
Great job on updating. I like the use of light blue in the upper background against the deep colored bottom. It pulls the flowers more.

Helen Zapata
10-20-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Pilan
I just realized something and this is a big WHOOPS! i got so enthralled with the contrast I forgot to put the prickly leaves in. And I thought I was close to being finished. :eek:

Oh goody, the only thing I was hoping for was leaves! This is so nice already. Wonderful color choices and great depth. Now bring on the leaves!

Helen

Gilberte
10-20-2003, 04:31 PM
Love when people paint thistles. Perhaps a little more variation in the greens ? Just MHO.

mcknight
10-20-2003, 11:56 PM
The update is looking better. Flowers are no longer floating. To me the highlights are too washed out looking. I'd like to see a hint of warmth in there.

Pilan
10-21-2003, 01:06 PM
Dave the image is a bit washed out. In real life its not to light. Also, what kind of warmth are you talking about/color on the flowers?

Thank you for your post.

Originally posted by mcknight
The update is looking better. Flowers are no longer floating. To me the highlights are too washed out looking. I'd like to see a hint of warmth in there.