PDA

View Full Version : Landscape Painting in Pastel: Elizabeth Mowry

SAS Designs
03-08-2016, 06:04 PM
Has anyone read this new Elizabeth Mowry book. Love her work, have her 3 other books, wondering if there is new material in this one. Notice many of the North Light books recently are mostly repeating info from previous books by same authors.

Would like to buy an Elizabeth Mowry DVD. Links on older WC posts not working. Can't find source on line. Are Mowry CD's still available.
Thanks.
Suzy

spydersmomtammy
03-09-2016, 11:40 AM
I have her new book and absolutely love it! Of note, it is basically a "remake" of "The Pastelist's Year" (which I also have and love), but this new version does have a lot of new, updated and additional information in it. It's my favorite and most reached-for book in my library. Hope this helps.

P.S. I don't know about any available CDs of hers, but if you find anything out, please post as I'd like to find that out too!

SAS Designs
03-09-2016, 02:14 PM
Tammy,
Thank you. Have gone to your website too, and bookmarked it. So lovely. Appreciate your comment. I too love Pastelist's Year - and will also now order her new book. Thank you.
Wish I could find out how to get a CD of hers. Will keep looking. Earlier links from WC don't work to find it.
Suzy

SAS Designs
03-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Tammy.
revision.
Loved learning about your website. Went to my copy of Pastelist's Year, and see it is a Watson-Guptil publication. Knowing how North Light uses so much material from previous publications, as you say, "remakes" to create their publications, think I'll be happier staying with the Mowry books I already have.
Suzy

DAK723
03-09-2016, 07:56 PM
I love her work and have her Landscape Meditations book. Don't see any CDs available on her website. For those unfamiliar with her work, here's a link to her site:

http://elizabethmowry.com/elizabethmowry.com/Home.html

Don