PDA

View Full Version : Best photo printer for digital artwork ?

Easterneye
02-21-2016, 12:11 PM
Please could someone reccomend me a wi fi digital printer to print superb quality pictures please ?

I know of lots of review sites , but I am allways unsure about their ( independant ) reviews , so I am after some personal preferences on here .

Sorry mods if I have posted in the wrong thread or its not allowed , please feel free to do with it what you feel best thankyou

Elainepsq
02-21-2016, 03:34 PM
No, this is the right place!

Personally, I don't use a photo printer. I prefer to not have the shiny surface for my art work since mine work is more painterly than photographic. For some reason, I haven't found photo printers in my area to be as spot on with color as I would like. Personally, I have 2 printers locally who have really high end laser printers and the color is the best! No, it's not glicee but I've had those done at a higher price tag and not been happy with the color.
A photo printer means more colors, so buying more cartridges. I had one and never felt it did any better than just plain old CMYK.

I'm tempted to try Acrylic Printing or Aluminum printing. It's really spendy. Fine Art America has it and I'd like to try it. Acrylic Print, they print on the back side of a sheet of acrylic
Both Acrylic and Aluminum give you very vibrant color, and a finished piece, so you don't do the mat, the glass or the frame.

I'm tempted to try it before our next local show!

Elaine

EdgarTorres
03-17-2016, 07:48 AM
Canon printers will print best digital photo with signature (http://www.watermark-software.com/how-to-add-signature-to-picture.html) or without watermark. For digital photos, I think it's more imperative to make a better original craft than using a better printer.

lensman
06-01-2016, 09:09 AM
My two cents worth: A home printer capable of printing excellent images is too expensive for my casual use. I prefer to have images Giclee printed at a print shop I found online that does fantastic work. They can be printed on canvas, photo paper, or on watercolour paper. You really need to shop around for the best prices.

digiartdave
06-28-2016, 03:54 PM
Hi, just came across this, I use a aCanon A3+, and print on 100 percent cotton canvas and prints excellent as seen on computer screen, but I did find for best results had to set printer to print in Adobe RGB 1968 ands srgb gave poor colour rendition.
If you get a print that's prints the full RGB, SHOULD BE FINE the canon I use is ix 6550 its the cheapest that prints in this colour space, ESPON you have to get top end prints to print at this.
I buy my canvas by the roll ensure the canvas has the surface treated for inkjets etc..