PDA

View Full Version : First post, hello everyone

marcdanslouest
02-13-2016, 05:36 PM
Hi all,

I'm excited to be part of this huge site. So far the only critics for my paintings have been on Facebook, and that's only about 30 people. i'm looking forward to exchanging techniques and ideas with everyone here.

I started digital painting about two years ago. I just had an itch for it, needed to create something with my artistic side. My grandfather was a painter, so maybe that's got something to do with it. I just love creating things with my hands.

My painting tools are Photoshop and Artrage. I use mostly the bristle brushes, along with a few specialty brushes for Impasto effects.

I have also tried acrylics a few weeks ago, and I love it! Once I have more time and more budget, I think I start playing with physical media in addition to digital media. In fact I already do in a way - my paintings are printed on canvas and embellished with gel, and the sides painted black by hand. it's hard to tell they started in the digital world unless you look close!

Most of my paintings are fairly large (2-3 feet wide and tall) and are rendered at 240 pixels per inch, so displaying them here is a challenge, but I will try!

Cheers.

b'anna
02-14-2016, 12:35 PM
welcome aboard! You'll find people willing to help, you just need to ask. Looking forward to seeing some of your work. I think you have to have a few posts before you can actually post a pic. Also if you have photoshop, just resize for web, or whatever it is called , for the largest side 800 pixels and the dpi at 72 and you will be good to go.

Have fun!!

Barb

Elainepsq
02-14-2016, 12:48 PM
Welcome, so glad you have joined us. Please post some of your work over in Digital Showcase.
Try getting some snapshots of your work with the get added, but your pieces can be exported to a jpeg and downsized in photoshop, to a maximum of 800 pixels and then use the uploader.

Elaine