PDA

View Full Version : First Light

Rich Williams
10-18-2003, 06:44 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-18-2003/3995_bigsprings4500a.JPG

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: First Light
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I have been trying to work with light and its effects on the landscape. I was wondering if you feel that this has been achieved in this painting.

All comments and suggestions accepted with grace.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Is there anything that you would do differently?

roberj
10-18-2003, 07:20 PM
The water looks chalky...now that I've got that out of my system, everything else looks great. It captured the early soft light really well. The shadow edge on the large boulder right of center looks a little sharp and probably show be a softer transition. Love the bright light reflections on the trees from the light green leaves at right background. The absence of shadow in that area may look off, but is probably the way it looked in life, a beautiful bright morning.

Bob

woodguy
10-18-2003, 07:42 PM
Hello, Rich! Looks good! But I too am bothered a bit by the "chalky water" Your signature trees are great and I agreee with how well you have handled the light on the foilage. Jim

Wayne Gaudon
10-18-2003, 11:01 PM
a few darks in the water and a few lights in the sky and you have tons of sunshine that will amplify.

pero lane
10-19-2003, 01:19 PM
I have to agree with everyone with the water...everything else seems so crisp. Really nice work!:)

jerryW
10-19-2003, 05:04 PM
yes a lightscape
nice!

Rich Williams
10-20-2003, 02:19 PM
I would like to thank you all for looking and taking the time to comment. I agree that the water needs something and will address that. It is funny that when you work on something for a while and when you come down the home stretch you some times do not see the obvious until somebody takes the time to point it out. Thanks again.

Rich