PDA

View Full Version : grey day-plein aire

artinoils
10-18-2003, 05:15 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-18-2003/7970_pleinaire2farmbest.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: grey day-plein aire
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 12 x 15 approx
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Painted under overcast sky, 3:30 pm started.
Trying to get out and paint from life which I haven't done much for landscapes. Life is always better, imo.
Thought the lighting would be a challenge with the values being closer...not that I don't have enough challenge already outdoors.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything especially critique.

roberj
10-18-2003, 07:36 PM
The side of the barn is perfect. Wonderful sense of mystery as to the interior, looks very real. I like the handling of the back ground trees, but the diagonal strokes between the trees at right seem out of place. Nice feel overall.

Bob

Wayne Gaudon
10-18-2003, 11:11 PM
On this particular piece, it seems to me that you seem to dwell on muted color so much so that it gives me the impression of and undercoat before you apply the finish.
The barn seems to be in a higher key than the trees and land making it and the landscape unrelated. A kiss of light (and it doesn't have to be direct sunlight) on the front trees and ground would unite the pieces and put them on the same playing field. Nice composition and coloring.

dornberg
10-19-2003, 08:33 PM
the colors on the right work so well