PDA

View Full Version : The WetCanvas! Amelia Island Getaway

llis
07-05-2001, 01:19 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles/JaneS/116/

WOW....Jane.... so glad to see the pics of the Amelia Island Getaway!!! Everyone had so much fun...it was good to see the pictures and remember our time at Amelia .... thanks for all the great pics and thanks to Deb for being such a wonderful hostess!!!

Reye
07-05-2001, 04:07 PM
Looks like it was a very successful outing. Thanks for all the pics.
Neat!!!:clap:
Jerry

Rosebud
07-05-2001, 04:54 PM
Great job of capturing the Get-A-Way !

Looks like you guys had a ball.

Rosebud

T-Rex
07-05-2001, 08:16 PM
So jealous! Looks like you guys had a blast. Fun story:cool:

jenrou
07-06-2001, 12:51 AM
Oh my goodness! I keep missing these events. I MUST attend one sometime. What fun!

JaneS
07-06-2001, 10:05 AM
Llis, thank you for all YOUR very hard work on this, too!

It looks great and brings back wonderful memories!

I will email everyone to let them know it is online at last. :)

iyoung
07-06-2001, 12:15 PM
Oh, Jane, that was absolutely delightful!

I thought I was following a link to a group of snapshots but the quality of the pictures and the way you wrote the article so brimming with your own vitality & affection for your fellow artists was such a wonderful experience, all punctuated by your sunny smile!

Thank you thank you thank you. You've really made my day. (And here I thought I was just killing time waiting for the gesso to dry.)

Ilene :):):)

Come to think of it, I'm so jealous. Geez.

tammy
07-06-2001, 06:00 PM
And did you see all those beautiful people that went? :D

That looked like some Ocean Monster. Will a painting follow?
Looks like a beautiful day.

pixelscapes
07-06-2001, 07:10 PM
Hee hee, thanks for sharing the pics!

I was amused by the editing of the photo right after the "Blonde Please Help" bit. Who's the person that got pasted in on the upper right, there?

I love seeing everybody with their painting setups! Wow, umbrellas and chairs and everything...

You're all so glam... but... especially Jane! :D

Here's a phrase that really scared me: "llis cuts her eyes a lot."
I've never heard that before. :eek: From the photo I'm assuming it means she... what... rolls her eyes a lot? Or something? Maybe I've been making blade art too long...

What great bookend photos, too! *siiiigh*
I'll have to meet up with you all someday... of course, I could do plein air wire sculptures of the sandfleas or something, right?

-=- Jen "Heheh" de la Cruz

carly
07-08-2001, 06:32 PM
What fun to see the photos and remember all the happy stuff! I just love the getaways!!!!

Good job Jane and Llis and everyone who shared! Now I'm getting ready for Kentucky!
carly

MALARKEY
07-08-2001, 07:16 PM
What a great job you did Jane.

Kelly and I had such a good time. Deb and her family sure made us feel right at home.

I was amazed when I walked over the sand dune and saw those huge driftwood trees. It was like visiting a prehistoric place, I kept an eye out for the "monsters" the whole time ;)

It was a joy to meet the other denizens of WetCanvas! I don't think painting on location is for me, but maybe I can learn to take better reference pictures.

sophia
07-09-2001, 09:16 AM
Geat Minds think alike Carly ..... :)
I can't believe the pictures posted from your trip are the same pictures We took when we were over there a couple of weeks before you guys came down. ;) Sorry I missed the trip.. I lost the e-mail you sent and then my computer crashed... Didn't know where you were staying or anyone's number anymore... Maybe you guys will come back.. I hope so... yes the fishing dock would be a great place to paint... When can we expect to see photo's of everyone's finished prod. Posted on here for everyone to enjoy and get inspired by...:clap: Here is one of the paintings I did of the shrimp boat, that you took the same picture of just different angle...:D I had to shrink it so small to get on here it;s lost it's proportion... but you get the idea.:D My Yahoo I.D. is 'stucki41' you can add me if you like... :)