PDA

View Full Version : Weird faces

Luvy
10-18-2003, 01:52 AM
Does other people get faces appearing without you drawing them in your paintings? How weird is this. This hasn't happened in a long time. Or maybe I've missed them. I was brushing off some pastel and there was this weird face. I looked closer and found two more. Am I doomed? LOL I just had to share this with you guys LOL And everytime this has happened it's like the same face sort of evil looking. Or close to the same. I know it's close to halloween but LOL

bnoonan
10-18-2003, 01:57 AM
Luvy,
You've been staying up too late painting! It's late in your time zone - perhaps you need to put the pastel away and go to sleep.

I hope you don't have nightmares now!!! Me on the other hand... since my easel is set up in my bedroom space, may in fact have bad dreams. Hmmm...

Perhaps it's because of Halloween.

Barb

Mikki Petersen
10-18-2003, 03:08 AM
Hi Luvy! Actually, when I first posted my Grand Canyon painting, someone immediately asked if I planned to have Steve Martin's face in the stone pillar in the foreground. When I looked again, sure enough, there was Steve Martin just plain as day:o . You have no idea how hard it was to get rid of that darn face. Every change I made just seemed to accent it.

At least you were sharp enough to pick up the image yourself. Good luck getting rid of it. The part that frustrates me, is I could not have done that intentionally to save myself, LOL!

Dark_Shades
10-18-2003, 07:56 AM
LOLOL luvy :D ha ha ha...... and Mikki too :D

kimber lee
12-31-2005, 08:20 AM
hello, my name is kim and i am a member on wet canvas.
i just got through posting a couple thumbnails of my "faces that show up in my paintings" under the Creativity forum,
I have to tell ya, i have really bazzar grosom, some evil and some scared and bloody pics. Now i am not into witch craft or pagan junk , i am your average 43 year old artist, dog trainer gal. I dont intend on paintings these they are all so vivid they look lie photographs, i can send sone to you if your interested, bye for now , kimber lee

DrBrad
12-31-2005, 11:12 AM
I missed this the first time around-- I'm familiar with this phenomenon in photographs but not in paintings. Very cool!

HarvestMoon
01-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Luvy- I gotta tell you this creeps me out- I have never heard of that before.... I used to not believe in ghosts, but one apartment I lived in and one hotel I stayed in, in a medieval town in england really changed my mind.. esp. when animals and lots and lots of other people independently stated the same things..... I think I would call the ghostbuster sorts in to your place... whoever they are.... pretty creepy....

in the late '70's I remember clearly a lot of kodak 'fast film' that had an asa of 400 coming out looking like lightening... they even published a picture in the national geographic of a supposed witch that had this stuff- but it turned out to be a bunch of bad film- if I remember correctly it was wound way too tight and some sort of static charge would go through when you forwarded the film or something- so that was explainable- but these are pretty clear faces in PAPER and pastel and I don't see how you would explain them away as products of your imagination....espl the one in the tree trunk... perhaps it is because my daughter has been watching all the old twilight zones and telling me about them...

HarvestMoon
01-02-2006, 11:29 AM
LOL- well, in the light of day, I showed this to my 14 year old, who is really into 'creepy' right now, and she gave a perfectly logical explaination for exactly how this came to be in the painting....pointing out where the tiles, etc. were.... WHEW...

KJSCL
01-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Never seen a weird face in one of my paintings but definitely see one in my bathroom floor tile!! :D

HarvestMoon
01-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Kathy- I am laughing out loud- I swear at my parent's old house- there was the lady of the lake in the shower enclosure... and in our house, a grumpy old troll guards the wooden floor entering my daughter's room...

KJSCL
01-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Linda - thank God, I thought I was the only one!