PDA

View Full Version : Air Purifier for Pastel Studio?

learning to paint
01-18-2016, 12:22 AM
I am beginning to look at:
Rabbit Air
Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier
Artist Air
Honeywell

The Rabbit Air website is impressive, but I wonder about marketing claims and presentation.

Any experience with any of them? Good or bad stories? Worthwhile or not?

Thanks.

DAK723
01-19-2016, 08:27 PM
No experience with them, but I believe what you want to look for is a purifier with a HEPA filter. I haven't looked at your examples, so they may all be fine.

Don

robertsloan2
01-20-2016, 08:18 AM
Rabbit Air interested me for my house once the folks build it. Being able to get a classical Japanese print for the front intrigued me, they have good designs on that and it's up out of the way mounted on the wall. Specs looked good.

I had an AllenAir one that was a bit like Artist Air and can wholeheartedly recommend it. We got it because when we moved from Kansas the house in Kansas needed mold remediation and the guys doing the cleanup needed it, once they were done my daughter put it in my room so that my smoking would not bother my allergic grandson. Well, that worked in a good way for my pastels too. I had very little dust of any kind.

My room didn't even need dusting as often with the thing running. The HEPA filter lasts a good long time too. I would recommend getting one. I haven't heard bad reviews on any of them.

What I did when I had it was set the trash can right next to it and when tapping loose dust off a painting I could literally see it stream into the machine. It was impressive. Get used to doing that rather than blowing on paintings to get rid of loose dust, blowing on them puts it into the air. Turn the art upside down and snap hard on the back with your finger.

If you used Roche' pastels use some fixative first!