PDA

View Full Version : Sale on Sennelier

Sutra
12-26-2015, 11:13 AM
I just noticed in today's email that Jerrys is selling the 72 piece set of Sennelier OP for $100 as an overstock. They were charging $144 before, the same as Dick Blick.

I'd be tempted but I recently bought a set of Holbeins to supplement my Neopastels.

Crabby2
12-26-2015, 04:20 PM
Thanks Sutra! I couldn't resist. I love Senns but I don't use them often, I save them for special things. Now I can go.ape!! I love bargains!

Sutra
12-26-2015, 05:12 PM
Glad to be of service. I was tempted, but I bought a tabletop easel instead. I've been wanting one of those for a year, and ended up with a Mabef that looks ideal for drawing and OP. As for OP I've been doing ok with Holbeins and Neopastels so far.

Crabby2
12-26-2015, 07:17 PM
Sutra, I see your posts on CP forum also. Did you decide to take Borgeson lessons? (Just curious. )

Sutra
01-20-2016, 12:21 AM
I've just enrolled in the first course of the landscape sequence. No feedback, as I haven't begun to do the work yet.

I was using oil pastels in a saturday still life class but I decided not to enroll during the winter. The tuition for the Borgeson class is about equal to a month at school, so a good trade-off.

Edit: I just realized this post is several weeks old. I was planning to update on the CP forum after I take the class.

Crabby2
01-21-2016, 12:09 AM
Great. I'm curious about your classes. Want to hear about them.

I'm struggling along with OPs now...