GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Whip Fantasy
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Pencil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 11
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This sketch was inspired by another WC member, Belegwen. She mentioned something about woman and whips.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any thoughts on how I could improve the sketch?

paulb
10-16-2003, 08:43 PM
First time I've ever posted a crtique, so I hope this is helpful....!

If I'm to be picky, I'd have to say that the nose is a bit sharp and long. Might just be the effect you were looking for.

In answer of how to improve it... Maybe a little bit of red streaks in the leather to highten the eroticism of it, although I'm not sure that tat ould be possible at this stage!

Hope that helps,

Paul.

Chirps
10-16-2003, 08:58 PM
what works very well is the value, good blacks and whites, and the shadow is quite intriguing.... what bothers me just a bit is her forehead, just where is juts out a little bit above her left eye (right to us), if it went straight up her head would have a different shape - just an opinion!

bloodjelly
10-16-2003, 11:24 PM
I like it but I agree with Chirps about the forehead. Now I can't look at her head without seeing that. The shadow seems a little off to me, as does the cleavage line, which we shouldn't be able to see in a profile view (her shoulders are almost straight on). Good work, though. This woman looks like someone I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley. or maybe I would...;)

Jangogh
10-17-2003, 03:27 AM
Because of the position of her legs and the rest of her body appears to be turning towards the viewer, the arm towards the back looks like it is coming out of her spine. Think I would just eliminate that arm.

I think her face looks just fine.