PDA

View Full Version : Crumbling pastel pencils

Elaine
10-16-2003, 10:48 AM
Hi,

I am having a problem with the points of some of my CarbOthello pastel pencils crumbling. I sent a message to CarbOthello about the problem a while back but have received no reply from them and am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and could tell me what I am doing wrong. I usually store my pencils closed in the metal container they came in. I noticed that this problem seemed to begin after I left the metal box open for several days. Interestingly, although all the pencils were left out, not all pencil points are crumbling, just some.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

--Elaine

"When you have a gift to offer, the world will make room for you. You must have patience and keep the faith." --Tyler Perry, Playwright

Kathryn Wilson
10-16-2003, 11:38 AM
Did you by any chance drop the box or spill the pencils at any time?? I have heard if you drop the pencils (and I have done it myself), that it breaks the lead inside the pencil so that if you try to sharpen it, it will break off or crumble easily.

Dark_Shades
10-16-2003, 06:55 PM
sorry havent used that brand of pencil..... but I know some in here do, but I cant remember their names...... why not do a search of CarbOthello and see what member names it brings, and pm them and ask.......... wondered if perhaps they had some sort of oil in them which has dried out ?

jackiesimmonds
10-17-2003, 04:38 AM
I have all sorts of makes of pastel pencils, including CarbOthello, some are left "out" all the time, in a cardboard box without a lid, (and I am talking years here) and the only time the "lead" crumbles is when I drop one. Then it breaks inside the wooden casing, and when they are sharpened, I find they are broken all the way down.

I think you are entitled to an answer from CarbOthello, and I would get in touch with them again. See if they have a Customer Service department, if not, then get the name of the MD, and send him one of your crumbly pencils, asking him what is wrong with it, and tell him that you have lots like that. They will probably send you a whole new box!

It is important, however, to get the NAME of someone to send the things to. You may have to telephone head office, to find this information.

Good luck
J